Do I need the approval letter

Hismercy

Registered Users (C)
I got my approval email and the plastic earlier this month, but the approval letter which the email said was coming never arrived. Will I need this letter for anything in the future and should I call the 800 number and ask for them to send a copy to me?

Hismercy.

That's what happened to me.I received GC on Sep 20,2005.But no approval notice.GC is everything and I forgot the approval letter as uscis forgot it.No body is gonna tell me ''I don't need your GC,show me your Approval letter''

Hismercy,

I guess you are not welcome hahaha jk. I don't think having that letter makes a whole lot difference. Most important thing is the Plastic which you already have. If you have noticed, Your plastic card was attached to a letter which serves the same purpose. If you read that letter carefully, it reads the same information which a Welcome letter reads minus the WELCOME part. As it says "Save it for future inquiries you might have with USCIS" (which i hope u don't). Thanks

Deravative Asylee

Does anyone know someone who got deravative asylee status overseas, and got GD. How do they backdate it. Do you know if they backdate it as of the of admision or just one year before the approval date. thanks!