Do I need PCC from Local PS in India and PCC from Indian Embassy in US

aravind741

Registered Users (C)
Hi Gurus,
I am planning to get my PCC for CP.
Do I need to get it from Indian PS of my native or PCC from Indian Embassy is enough?

Thanx,
Aravind

get both

I was asked for pcc from RPO/consulate and pcc from local police.
I did not get any from consulate.

If you are in US

If you are in USA then the one from Indian Consulate in USA is sufficient. This is good for Indian citizen residing in US.

PCC Info

I got this from murthy.com chat sessions happened 2 weeks ago.

Chat User : Ma\'am, I have applied for CP with Bombay consulate. I am in U.S. Do I need a Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) from U.S. & Bombay, or is the just PCC from consulate in U.S. enough?.

Attorney Murthy : According to the consulates in India, you will need two PCCs: one from the local police station where you have your permanent home and the other from the Indian consulate in the U.S. (Applicants in India obtain the clearance from the local passport office, rather than from the Indian consulate.)

PCC from Indian Consulate In USA is enough.

I have read 4-5 experience on this portal, they said "PCC from Indian Consulate In USA is enough.". Especially, when you are Indian citizen, but staying in USA and on H1.

PCC from Indian consulate

Yes, if you are an Indian citizen residing in US, PCC from the Indian Embassy is enough. The confusion arises from the letter the US Consulate mails to the applicants in the Packet4 letter. That letter says you need two PCCs from India. However, I ignored that for my interview 2 weeks ago, and showed only the PCC from Indian Embassy. That was enough.

Where to get PCC ? India or USA

My first passport was issued in New Delhi. Then I went to the US to study/ work and the new passport was issued in San Francisco ( as the first one expired ) and right now I am on overseas assignment in Italy for my American company.
I do not understand if to get the PCC from New Delhi where the first passport was issued or from San Francisco. It will be difficult for me to go to San Francicsco, so can the Indian consulate in Italy do the same for me.
I call the American Embassy in New Delhi a no. of times but they do not pick the telephone. Please help.
Monu.

Get PCC from Indian embassy in your current country

There is nothing to do with \'where your passport was issued\'.

You want PCC for which country ? USA GC OR Canadian PI ?

It seems, you need it for USA GC.

So, you can even contact Indian embassy in Italy. So, they will issue PCC(Or same certificate and some note in your passport), which will prove that you did not commit any crime in India.

As far your USA stay concern, no need to take any PCC from USA Police, because, INS/NVC will automatically check it for your crime record in USA.

I have doubt, if you are staying more than 6 months in Italy, you need to provide PCC from Italy also.

Experts, please comment.

thanks for the info.

I need the info. for the US green card.
I already have the Italian police clearance as I have been here for six months. It was easy.
I contacted the indian consulate in Milan and they told me that they can issue the PCC after calling Indian embassy in San Fran ( takes around 40 days) .
Thanks for the info.
monu.

No Title

Since your current passport was issued by the Indian Consulate at SF, this will be your regional passport office and you must obtain your PCC from them. Check with the SF consulate. FYI - the NY office issues PCCs within a day for those passports issued by them.

All the best!