do i need I-134 for my I-485?

calhp1

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,
I filed my I-485 by ourself on July, 2004 based on my wife's I-140, there is no I-134 (the Affidavit of Support form) from my wife at that time since we do not notice the need of this. One of our friend just mentioned that we will need that. I am a H1B holder and can financially support me and my wife. if this really is required, how to do a supplement filing on this? can we just mail the document to INS and explain the situation?

anybody have this experience please help!
thank you.
calhp1

calhp1 said:
Hi guys,
I filed my I-485 by ourself on July, 2004 based on my wife's I-140, there is no I-134 (the Affidavit of Support form) from my wife at that time since we do not notice the need of this.
------------------ Your wife needs to submit notarized affidavit of support form I-134. You can send now with copy of your I-485 filing receipt and make request to USCIS to attach it with your pending I-485
OR
you/your lawyer will get RFE and then submit

One of our friend just mentioned that we will need that.
--------- correct
I am a H1B holder and can financially support me and my wife.
------------- your I-485 need above. H1 and I-485 are diffrent petions and I-485 is for permanent residence
if this really is required, how to do a supplement filing on this? can we just mail the document to INS and explain the situation?
----------mail it and on cobver letter make the request write your Name, I-485 reciept# your A#, DOB and address and sign the cover letter with date. send it by certified mail.
calhp1