Do I need courtesy copy or attorney copy (original) for PP stamping?

mb12345

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I have received the courtesy copy of my I-485 approval and have an appointment for stamping next week at Hartford, CT. My attorney hasn't received the original copy yet. Do I need the original copy from the attorney before I go for stamping?

Thanks,
mb12345

mb12345:

In most of the cases courtesy copy. Only couple of instances I have heard of people asked for Original copy.

I think you should give it a try.

JJ

Yes, you can submit the courtesy copy of the approval when you go for stamping. I did the same....

Good Luck,

I would appreciate if someone can let me know What all documents are needed for Passport Stamping???

Thanks in advance
gg1982

I did PS in NYC with courtesy copy.

mb12345 said:
Hi All,

I have received the courtesy copy of my I-485 approval and have an appointment for stamping next week at Hartford, CT. My attorney hasn't received the original copy yet. Do I need the original copy from the attorney before I go for stamping?

Thanks,
mb12345

I would say take all EAD/AP, approval letter & passport.

BTW, when I went for PS in NYC, they just asked me to show approval letter and passport.

gg1982 said:
I would appreciate if someone can let me know What all documents are needed for Passport Stamping???

Thanks in advance
gg1982

documents

1. Make appointment at local office for Passport stamping through infopass
http://infopass.uscis.gov/

2. Get 2 passport size photos (front facing) for all applicants

3. Reach 15 minutes before appointment. Show Govt issued photo id like driver's license for entry into building.

4. Documents to be presented: Courtesy copy of approval, 2 passport photos, all EADs, all APs, Passport with I-94 - for all applicants.

Can you tell me approximately how long the stamping process will take once you enter into the building with infopass in newark center.

Thanks in advance

If we have received both, the courtesy copy and original copy, which one should be give? Does it matter which one we give? I read someone mention that the plastic card is mailed to the address on the approval notice, so if you give the original copy that has the attorney's address on it, then the plastic card could be mailed to the attorney. Is that true?

mb12345 said:
If we have received both, the courtesy copy and original copy, which one should be give? Does it matter which one we give? I read someone mention that the plastic card is mailed to the address on the approval notice, so if you give the original copy that has the attorney's address on it, then the plastic card could be mailed to the attorney. Is that true?

Today I went for PP stamping at Boston Office.

I also had both copies, When I asked which one to give, the officer took original copy and gave me back the courtesy copy.