Do I need Attorny for filing 485

puja101

Registered Users (C)
Hi
I have filed my 485 in 2005 , however I could not file 485 for my spouse at that point in time. Can I file it of my own or it is better to file it through Attorny. Also I need to know does 485 process need to be initiated by employer.Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks!

An individual can file for 485, by yourself. You would not need an attorney to file for your spouse or your 485. It would not hurt to have an attorney, as sometimes if any financial info is requested from your employer, its easier for the attorney to obtain it as companies might refrain from providing those details to employees.

Nevertheless, that would just be a special case. You would need the support of your employer with employment letter etc, but your employer need not file it completely. You could do it as well.

BIG Thank you! Few more questions, my 485 file has been transferred from Vermont to Texas Center lately. Where should I mail my spouse's 485 application? Should I file EAD application with 485 or it can be filed separately at any time?From July 2007 all EB's are current as all of you know, What does it mean for all of us? Can I expect my green card in next 4-5 months?