Do I need Attorney for AC21?

godisgood

Registered Users (C)
My current 485 was filed by my previous company attorney. Do I have to have this attorney involved for AC21?

What happened if I just notify BCIS myself?

Will BCIS send further REF, FP notice, approval notice to me or to my previous company attorney?

My current 485 was filed by my previous company attorney. Do I have to have this attorney involved for AC21?
----- Better hire new attorney, company attorney may inform the past employer to revoke I-140 don’t take the risk
What happened if I just notify BCIS myself?
------- Better lawyer handle it because he has to file your intent change letter AND letter from your employer that the Future permanent job is available for indefinite period and will write job skills and job title that matches with past approved LC and layer will write the AC21 law
Will BCIS send further REF, FP notice, approval notice to me or to my previous company attorney?
------ If you don’t change the lawyer RFE, approval notice will go to previous Lawyer,FP notice will be mailed to you. you can fill up G28 for new lawyer or can request BCIS that past lawyer no longer represent you and all the communication for pending I-485 should be sent to you on your name and address, attach the I-485 receipt copy. Better to hire new lawyer so that he can handle any Rfe in future and fill up new G28 the lawyer will provide you

Totally agree with Ginnu - most lawyers would charge anywhere between $500 to $1500 for taking over ur case... The amount is not worth risking the GC for..

However, when u negotiate with the new lawyer, make sure u have a clear contract with a single price that includes RFE Responses, EAD/AP renewals, and preparing AC-21 letters. We have seen a few folks on this board getting burnt by the new lawyers who charged by the hour and took the clients for a ride.

-ab