Do I need an I134 for employment based petitions, if I am the only person getting the GC

Gandalf

Registered Users (C)
Do I need an I134 for employment based petitions, if I am the only person getting the GC i.e. I am single.
who is supposed to fill this out? does the employer need to fill out a I134?

thanks

No Title

The I-134 is only needed when you have a spouse and kids. Since you do not have any, you do not need this form.
Your employer will give you an employment letter, which is a sort of an affidavit of support for you.
Good luck!

Guys !! This NOT what my lawyer said .. Can u please clarify ??

This is what my lawyer says :
The I-134 is only needed when
a. you are a Family Based case and
b. you have a spouse and kids.

In fact, my lawyer says the employer\'s letter will serve as the affidavit of support for EB cases.

Is this true ? PLease clarify .I am in a dilemna now and need to know if I should convince him to prepare this too !
Good luck!

Marta, your message says you need I-134 only if you have spouse/kids. So

even if you are in EB and have a spouse you need I-134 right ?
This is what i need to know. I have a spouse but my lawyer says no I-134 needed for EB cases !!pls clarify

No Title

Most of the consular posts require the I-134 for a spouse in EB cases. It is also true that some people at some consulates were not asked to provide one. However, if you are not 100% sure that you do not need it, I would prefer to have one just in case. It does not take long to fill one and have it notarized. Good luck!