Do I need a Visa Application DD??

Aakash Aakash

Registered Users (C)
I am going for my CP next week to Mumbai. I have been told by my lawyer that I only need to make a DD of $65 for the visa issuance fees, lawyer says that he has already paid $260 for the visa application fee at the time of filing application, but does not have any receipt.

Can anyone confirm that whether they had to make only one DD for visa issuance fees??

Please reply.

Thanks,
Aakash

You need to pay $65 for each applicant. You can get single

draft for all the family members on one application. Purchase draft in India or you can also pay in cash. But note that consulate do not accept $100 bills so pay in $10 bills.

If your P3 is processed through St. Louis > NVC, then I don\'t think you need to produce receipt to consulate of processing fee ($260).

Yes my P3 is processed thru St. Louis NVC??

Yes my P3 is processed thru St. Louis NVC, so I am guessing people at US Embassy won\'t harass me for the Visa application fee DD.

Thanks CPers for your prompt reply.

Aakash

I purchased cashier\'s check and have a copy of it with me in case it is asked in Mumbai

I also called NVC and confirmed that it has been credited. NVC number is 603-334-0700. However, I don\'t think we need a proof of payment as NVC won\'t process application unless processing fee is paid.

Thanks,

I don\'t have a copy as my lawyer sent all the visa fees and she has not made any copy of the check. My lawyer also said the same thing, NVC wouldn\'t have processed my case, if the processing fees were not paid.
So thanks, I will just carry Visa Issuance Demand Draft of $65.
Thank you very much,
Aakash

Good Luck!

And do post your experience to this forum. I am expecting August interview in Mumbai.

Does Chennai Consulate accept visa fees in Cash?

Does Chennai Consulate accept fees in Cash ( US Dollars)? If so, No DD is needed? Please clarify.