Do I need a Transit Visa for France??

gls

Registered Users (C)
Hi-

Me and my wife are traveling to India in July 2005. We both are on EAD and AP but not on H1/H4. We got the tickets for Air France.
Could someone please let me know that do we need a transit visa or not thru France?
I appreciate your help.

Thanks

NO need

I just checked with my friend who traveled by Lufthansa Via france.He told me no need and nobody asked about visa.

perhaps,i am also palnning to go india via france by Lufthansa.Today i checked with several people who traveled via france.Everybody said "nobody asked about visa"

I checked about this about six months ago, france did not require a Visa.
I recommend that you always call the airline, they do have all details whether a visa is required or not. Visa requirements also vary by nationality, so i would make sure i check with the airline

YES YES YES - You do need a Transit VISA

gls said:
Hi-

Me and my wife are traveling to India in July 2005. We both are on EAD and AP but not on H1/H4. We got the tickets for Air France.
Could someone please let me know that do we need a transit visa or not thru France?
I appreciate your help.

Thanks

Dear GLS,

On 6/13, my family took AirFrance to fly to India thru Paris. I had called the consulate and asked them if we require the Transit Visa. The answere was - if you have a valid Visa on your Passport, then you don't, other wise - YES - you do require the Visa. We had Advance Parole for our entry to USA, and in that case, we had to stamp our Passports with French Transit Visa ($45 /each). I know, its hard earned money and we dont want to spend, but that's the fact. My family reached India and I called them to check, if some one check the Visa at Paris airport, and the asnwer was NO. So, I am not sure, if they would check while our return trip.

Thanks,

you need a transit visa only if you do not have a valid US visa (even a H1B or H4) stamped on your passport.

Yes Sir

Hello
According to France embassy website, if you do not have valid greencard of US or canada or valid visa in your passport you do need Transit Visa. I just came back from India, No one ask about Transit visa anywhere, even at Paris airport where Air-India stops for Fueling the authority again check your documents they also didn't ask for Transit Visa!!!!!!

We did get the airport transit visa when we went to india in january. In our case we had to switch flights and we actually had to go out of one terminal ,took the bus to next and then clear the security again (SOME AIRPORT ). So I suggest you get the visa . Its not much money but it will give you peace of mind.
Rest is upto you.
Hope this helps.
Rajiv.