Do I have to take I89 to get physical card after I485 approval

yeywe

Registered Users (C)
I and my wife got I-485 approval on Jan 3rd, 2006. I don't know if we need to take I89 (passport stamping) in order to get physical card. I have not heard any word from USCIS(INS) about going to local INS to have I89. I have not heard any word from USCIS(INS) about another bio-metrics.

I looked up this web sites and got conflict information. Looks like many people did go and have I89 (not sure if they were instructed by USCIS or not).

My atternoy assistant says it is not necessary unless you want to travel outside of US. Thanks.

Yeywe,
I am also in the same situation as you are. I received a phone call from the officer who interviewed us on 22nd of March stating that he is going to approve the case.
Now its about 3 weeks and haven't receive any letter or card. I even went to the local office to get my passport stamp and they refused since I don't have the letter.
Please let me know how things are with you?
Thanks

so if one gets the green card with no welcome letter, is he done or anything else needed..
JoeF said:
In recent times, CIS often has sent the actual card without stamping. It should be mentioned on the I-485 approval, or on a welcome letter that they send out nowadays. If you don't have that, you need to go for stamping.
I don't know which person told you that it is not necessary, but by law, you are required to have proof of your status, and the stamp or the actual card are such proof.