Do I have to take an appointment through Infopass for GC stamping

infg20

Registered Users (C)
Guys,
My GC has been approved last week and I received the approval notice asking me to appear on any wednesday for stamping. Do I have to take the appointment through Infopass and go for stamping or go directly on any wednesday. Basically, I want to avoid waiting in lines for hours to get stamped with my 2 years old baby.

I will appreciate if someone shares their experience.

Thanks,
Infg20

YES !

We went for my wife today and were told to come back with appointment ! the f#@?ing a$$hole$. We had to drive 50 miles 1 way and back and now have to go back again ! Do NOT go w/o an appointment !

I did mine 2 months back, the rules change suddenly i guess it is upto us to track them and figure out which ones apply to us

The approval letter says any wednesday, so I thought that's the appointment letter for GC stamping. Anyways after reading your story, I feel that I am under a wrong impression. I took an appointment for October 4th for me and my wife so I will appear on that day for GC stamping with my appointment letter.

By the way isGCtheKey, which INS center did you go to for your wife?

Thanks,
infg20

infg20 said:
The approval letter says any wednesday, so I thought that's the appointment letter for GC stamping. Anyways after reading your story, I feel that I am under a wrong impression. I took an appointment for October 4th for me and my wife so I will appear on that day for GC stamping with my appointment letter.

By the way isGCtheKey, which INS center did you go to for your wife?

Thanks,
infg20

Providence, Rhode Island

It is better to take InfoPass appt for stamping. Waiting time is 14 days.

I took an appt and whole process took 1 hr @ Newark, NJ