Do I have to inform USCIS?

longGC

Registered Users (C)
I changed job 2 months ago. Do I have to inform USCIS about the job change? What are the consequences if I don't?

You are expected to infrom not requiered to. If you don't inform there are no known consequences.
HTH

Hello Everyone:
I changed job last year (after more than 180 days) and informed USCIS about it by sending the following documents:
1. A letter stating that I haved changed job well after 180 days. Also, mentioned that it is a similar position and provided the date of joining.
2. A letter from my current employer mentioning the job description (same as labor), date of joining, salary and position (was different than the one in labor)
3. Copy of my I-485 receipt.

In february this year, I got an employment RFE from USCIS. I replied by sending:
1. A letter from my current employer (same as the one I sent during AC21)
2. A cover letter mentioning that I informed about using AC21 last year.

Just this week, my I-485 got approved.
I hope this helps. If you guys have any questions related to my case then please let me know.

Good luck!!!

Here are the details

EB2
PD - 2/16/2002
RD - 2/22/2002
FP 1st - 4/2002
AC21 - 8/2003
FP 2nd - 12/2003
RFE - 2/2004
Approval - 3/2004

I140 status

I assume your I-140 was already approved. Right ?

I have a job offer but I am very hesitant to accept it even though the salary is way better.

I140/I485 RD = Feb 18, 2003 (over 400 days)

captainr,
It is not advisable to change jobs unless 140 is approved. You can however change (with 140 pending)- provided you have an explicit understanding with your current employer that they will not withdraw 140 and also will support 140 if there is an RFE.
HTH

Thanks !!

I am trying to convince the new employer to wait 2 more months. Hoping my I-140 gets approved by then.

Fingers crossed.

RD Feb 18, 2003