do i have to go to india of rH1B renewal.is it a problem if i was on bench for 6 mths

andrew77

Registered Users (C)
i am in the US for 3 years on H1B. i was on bench for 6 months during these 3 years. now i got the H1B renewal for another 3 years. is it according to the new law i have to go to india for my stamping?
or can i do the stamping by mailing my papers to st.Louis?
i heard in india when i go for stamping they ask for 3 years w2 and tax return papers.
does anybody knows weather this is true?
if it is true is there any way around this.
please help.

if that is true whoever is on H1B cannot be on bench at all during thir stay here.

thanks for your inputs.

andrew77 said:
i am in the US for 3 years on H1B. i was on bench for 6 months during these 3 years. now i got the H1B renewal for another 3 years
--- IF H1 extension has NEW extended I-94 lower right side of your H1 extension approval then no need to go for Visa stamping you are in valid status, next time you go out you have to get Visa stamp and at that time US consulate may create problems for you becase BENCH or Table is NOT allowed, let the employer explain on the company letter why he did not pay you, Employer has violated H1 law/regulation, he can be investogated, can be fined by DOL and DOL can recover your past wages from Employer if you send complaint
. is it according to the new law i have to go to india for my stamping?
---- who said there is NEW H1B law????
or can i do the stamping by mailing my papers to st.Louis?
----st.Louis or DC has Stoped Visa stamp revalidation in US
i heard in india when i go for stamping they ask for 3 years w2 and tax return papers.
--- they can ask anything
does anybody knows weather this is true?
--- that is true, they ask W-2, paystubs certified copy of LCA + full H1 petition that was submited to USCIS for H1 by lawyer.employer
if it is true is there any way around this.
please help.

if that is true whoever is on H1B cannot be on bench at all during thir stay here.
----- YES, to sit on bench or under table is NOT allowed
thanks for your inputs.