Do I have to check FP approval?

5thYearNSC

Registered Users (C)
I did my FP during 1st week of April\'01. I never checked
with NSC if they have been approved. I did not receive
anything from them. Do I have to check with them to
know if FPs been approved?
Thx

EB3, PD: 2/97, Regular Labor, I485 RD 12/19/2000, ND 01/02/2001.

When can I expect approval? This Century or next one!??

No Title

Even if you check with FBI they will not tell you if the FP was acceptable. Since it has been 2 months and you have not received a redo notice, your FPs should be fine.

No Title

No, FBI will not tell you what was the result etc. But they can tell you if they came out clear or not. Well that was my understanding when I talked to those guys yesterday. He said he can\'t say what the result was but I said all I wanted was if the FP was clear enough etc. He said it was and it was sent immidiately to INS.

No Title

Hello Friends,

Thx. But, I wonder how come you could not understand my question.
I asked if I have to check with NSC or not. No FBI!?
Anyway, thanks folks. I don\'t care if it gets approved or not.
My I485 will take another one year. By that time I complete
10 years legal status in this country. There is another provision
in INS, which gives GC for those stayed for 10 years or more.
Thx.

No Title

Dude,
   If you want to check with NSC then do it, there is no point in asking. People dial for hours to talk to II, if your in your 5th year in application you should know that. Anyway in short no one calls to find out if FP cleared. You call FBI to see if Finger Prints were clear enough etc.

Second, if 10 years completion was a reason to get GC, there are plenty of people who will get one then. My wife completed 15 years in US. You only get GC if you worked 10 years here legally, i.. Paid taxes etc., continuously, from my understanding. Not by staying.

And yeah, you have to wait at least a year for 485 to complete, It took me over 7 months to get FP notice, so chill out and take it easy. If your FP is no good you will get a notice anyway, you have at least till December before most likely your case will be assigned to an officer.

No Title

There isn\'t any harm in calling NSC to find out the
finger print status. And it doesn\'t take HOURS as you
say, may be a few minutes sometimes little more than that
to get the peace of mind by ensuring that your INS file
is complete & uptodate awaiting to be processed. I am
not suggesting calling INS everyday, it\'s just one call.
Calls to IIO can not be prioritized by importance, each
one is important in its place.