Do I have Fate for GC? Urgent please help

fateforgc6

Registered Users (C)
I am going to laid off this week Today I am going to talk to my directors to consider my case as I finished only 90 days after my 485. So please can any body post what to ask my directors so that I can ask them As my mind is blank to listen this shocking news of Layoff I couldn\'t able to think what to ask...... Any help is appreciable gurus.

Sorry to hear about it.

Usually they give you some time before you are actually out of the company. They will keep people on roles for the purpose of Health insurance etc. If possible ask them to keep you like that for 3 months. But I dont think it matters as long as you are in the country, you should be ok. But I guess you wait for some more time to get more feedback from others.

May be you can ask for leave of absense

Sorry about that. Don\'t worry. It\'ll be alright!!

Maybe you can ask them for leave of absence for 3 months. (aka. Just keep you in payroll, but no salary).

Good Luck!

My Suggestions

This is not the end of the world. I would like to suggest that ---

1. Looking for a new job ASAP. I know this is very tough market now. But I think this is the only best way. The new employer needs to support your H1B.

2. Try to ask your current company to keep your I-485 going, actully all they need to do is that do not revoke your I-140 petition. Try and try and try!!! Try very hard to explain your situation and to be reasonable and not show your panic. Also try to ask them to issue a letter that states they will re-hire you in the future when your I-485 gets approved.

3. Leave-on-absence is an option and according to the law, when you have health problem or your family member has health problem that you need to be with them, the employer can not terminate you. But you might required to show the doctor\'s paper. As to each company, they might have different categories for leave-on-absence, ask your HR to see if you can use them.

4. Be careful using EAD card for your new job, most company has either HR or Immigration lawyer, they can very easily find out your status and I don\'t think it is a good idea to use it if it is less than 180 days.

5. Try to hire a lawyer just for consultation, you might have pay a small fee, I think it is worth. WE ARE NOT LAWYER.

Just my opinion. Good luck!

Thanx a lot

Thanx a lot for all u\'r advices I will ask for unpaid vacation if it works out Then I am lucky r else wait and see

Filing H1

By the way I am filing H1 from my frnds comapny he is one of my best frnd he will give me the employment letter whenever I need...is it ok r I have to do anything else?

No Title

You can use your EAD with your current employer itself. You volunteer to agree for a pay that would be a bare minimum. This will not burden your company to have you, I guess. Only on a H1, you have limitations as to what must be the salary (as in LCA). Once you get a client your company can restore your normal pay, if you want. All this, I think can be done if you implement your EAD with your company. In fact, I think they need not even pay on bench if you use your EAD. This cannot be done on a H1.