DO have to be at where you live?

aqualove

Registered Users (C)
I just want to ask if you guys know how they assign the DO? I currently live in North Carolina, but will move to Maryland next year. I file the application with my permanent address in North Carolina since I don't know where we are going to live when I came to Maryland with my husband. My husband is now living in the base and he will get an apartment next year when I go up there.
My question is do we get to choose the DO or they will choose it based on the permanent address on my application? If they choose the DO, then can I change the address when I move to Maryland? are they going to transfer my case to Maryland in that case? I want to make this clear before I finish my application. Please give some advice. Thanks!!!

DO is chosen by your location. You would have to change your address if you already applied (while you live in NC) and then you will more than likely have a bit of a wait while they transfer your case to the DO in Maryland. Or if you are lucky you may get your iview in NC before you even move, anything is possible lol It can depend on WHEN next year you are moving, for example, a bunch of JULY filers are having interviews in December (depends if the DO is busy where you live).

Even though I am not much help, I wish you the best luck!