• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Do extra Family members count against the 50,000 DV Visas issued?

aussiegreen

I got a Notification Letter for DV2007 and I'm just thinking about my odds of actually getting a visa.

If the first 10,000 winners each bring 4 extra family members with them (ie 5 new US residents per "winner") would this use up all the available DV Visas for the year and "winners" number 10,001 and higher would not be given visas?
Or are the extra family members issued a different type visa that doesn't count against the 50,000 DV visas?

Thanks.

I really have no idea - but I was just wondering this myself the other day. When you apply you do have to put down all your family members, so theoretically they would have a count of them...but with immigration who knows!

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/shared/statistics/yearbook/2004/table5.xls

This a part of a table that I got from the USCIS statistics website. This is data for the 2004 fiscal year. As you can see spouses and children are counted towards the 55,000 visas.

Type and class of admission Total

Total, diversity 50,084
Principals, new arrivals (DV1) 24,316
Principals, adjustments DV6) 1,195
Spouses of DV1 or DV6, new arrivals (DV2) 11,502
Spouses of DV1 or DV6, adjustments (DV7) 495
Children of DV1 or DV6, new arrivals (DV3) 12,235
Children of DV1 or DV6, adjustments (DV8) 341

yea thats correct

hi there

you asked if the family affects the 50,000 visa or not . actually yea the family that accompanies thies main applicant r deducted from the 50,000 visa so the only reason that i found for baeing fast in ayear and slow in another year is that when they r moving slowly in acertain year it means that the family winners r so hight for that year which forces the kentucky counslar center to move slowely to reach the 50,000 visa by the end of the fiscal year or else the 50,000 visa avaliable will be exhausted b4 the end of the fiscal year like wat happened in 2004 . if any one wanna ask any thing am here to help any one that needs any my email adress is ( rainbow_novs@hotmail.com)