• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DNA Testing !!!

KPEOU69

Hi,
Nice to meet you all here.
I have a question related to my case. I won dv2009. At the time I registered in dv lottery online form I have only one child and my wife was pregnancy. She gave a birth after that. I will have my interview in the end of July. I already noticed to KCC about my new child birth. I worry that my child can't go with us to U.S. I heard that I need to do DNA testing and it takes at least 2 or 3 months to get result. I would like to know about DNA testing, I want to do my testing before my interview date, could I? How about DNA testing procedure of DV applicant.
Thank you for spending time to answer my questions.

Urban legends :D. You don't need any DNA tests, and of course the baby will be able to come with you in the US if you pass the interview. Plenty of people have been in that situation, and I am sure the folks at KCC are familiar with the concept of pregnancy and birth and how the latter may happen after the dv closing.

No need for DNA test. The most important thing is that you have notified KCC about the birth.

even applicant notified KCC, the person who interview you is consul officer and also the guy who decide your u.s dream. Sometime DNA test is required from the case like you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you personally know of a case when that was required?
Yeah,
posted byKPEOU69: I want to do my testing before my interview date, could I? How about DNA testing procedure of DV applicant.
- No, you should not do your DNA testing before interview. Only a few cases that that the consular require applicants to do DNA testing.
- If the consular has doubtful about your new child. They will tell you to go take a blood, cell sample by physician authorized by U.S embassy. They will send your sample to U.S for testing. You will get your result after 1 or 2 months after test.
Hope these can help.

Man this is paranoid.

Just show them a few pics of the baby with you and your spouse. (Relationship certiificates from your government stating that the baby is yours should be more than enough)
No need to worry. CO's are not cruel as you might imagine them to be.

And there should be no problem at all since you already notified KCC and your file has been updated to include your newborn child.

Don't worry. Your baby is going with you to the US.

KPEOU69,

No need for DNA test.

I was in a similar situation when i won, i was pregnant, had 1 child then All i did was to send an email to KCC telling them of my situation (pregnancy). I go a reply from them about if i have a birth after submiting my form i should contact them or so, can't remember the actual phrase used.
I gave birth months later, all i did was to send them another email & DHL mail with the birth certificate announcing the arrival of the new born. I asked them to update my records with this since my interview will be soon.

I got a reply that it will be updated or so, can't actually remember the phrase too.

Before the interview: What i did before the birth of the baby was to take pregnancy pictures of my big tummy, pictures of birth in the hospital, filled new forms for the baby when i gave birth, got birth certificate too and took all with me to the interview.
On the interview day at the embassy, i was aked if i have a new baby, and i said yes and was asked to pay for 4 persons that is including my new born now. Also i was asked if I have a new form for the baby and i said yes. The rest is history...........

Note: go with your wife's preganancy pictures, family pictures with new baby, birth cetificate, new forms for baby, fees for baby too.

I Hope this detailed story will help you........ Good luck.

KPEOU69,

No need for DNA test.

I was in a similar situation when i won, i was pregnant, had 1 child then All i did was to send an email to KCC telling them of my situation (pregnancy). I go a reply from them about if i have a birth after submiting my form i should contact them or so, can't remember the actual phrase used.
I gave birth months later, all i did was to send them another email & DHL mail with the birth certificate announcing the arrival of the new born. I asked them to update my records with this since my interview will be soon.

I got a reply that it will be updated or so, can't actually remember the phrase too.

Before the interview: What i did before the birth of the baby was to take pregnancy pictures of my big tummy, pictures of birth in the hospital, filled new forms for the baby when i gave birth, got birth certificate too and took all with me to the interview.
On the interview day at the embassy, i was aked if i have a new baby, and i said yes and was asked to pay for 4 persons that is including my new born now. Also i was asked if I have a new form for the baby and i said yes. The rest is history...........

Note: go with your wife's preganancy pictures, family pictures with new baby, birth cetificate, new forms for baby, fees for baby too.

I Hope this detailed story will help you........ Good luck.