DMV Case...

applevalley

Registered Users (C)
Today I went to the Concord, california DMV office to renew my license and they asked to bring all the docs and mentioned they can take an unexpired I-94 else a green card only. Can any one help / had some experinces of this sort. I did show her my original AP doc, because i dont have a EAD(not working). She said she cant take that as a valid document.

Thanks for any ideas.

My wife had the similar situation, though it was a case of relocation from a different state. We were told to go to the SSN office, where we produced the I 485 application notice. And SSN office informed the DMV guys that she is in status and my wife got the license.

applevalley :

Strange. Do one thing ,print the DMV licence renewal form from DMV website ( or bring from DMV office ) and mail to Sacremanto main office alongwith necessary fees by check . I am sure you will get it . You may attach copy of earlier driving licence .

you can do Online but you may get non - phot Id. Its not a prob.Once you get it you may go and get the photo Id also, meanwhile you can keep old one also.

Can anyone clarify if unexpired EAD is mandatory for getting a DL in Ohio when in AOS ?
I am not sure if this is the new rule or is this a narrow implementation of DMV rules.