divorced USC filing for alien spouse, also had filed for first spouse

elvisburp

Hi - first post here, searched and didn't find any comment on this issue, so...

I am a USC by birth. I married my first wife in 1994 and got divorced in 2001. She was an alien studying in the US and we met at college in 1990 and were married in the US and had her status changed here. She got her GC and naturalized and still lives in the US.

I now live outside the US, and I got remarried in 2007 to a non-US citizen/resident. We have decided to move to the US in 2010, so I need to file an I-130 for her. We are both working professionals.

No children in either marriage.

A couple questions:

1 - will the first marriage affect my filing?

2 - my current wife currently has a ten year B1/B2 and previously has had US student visas and H1Bs, will this be a positive, negative or neutral? We currently travel to the US often, but have not had a problem with her entering on her B visa.

3 - my first marriage was a bonafide marriage (we were together for almost 11 years and married for 7). When we got married, however, my wife was on her student visa and had become out-of-status (i don't remember the reason anymore, it was something minor and we were surprised by it at the time) - she left the US and re-entered and we got married after that. I don't really remember the details (and the let her re-enter so I am assuming it was something minor), and it wasn't a factor in our marriage, but it did happen- not sure if this is an issue at all either, although it never came up during any of our other proceedings.

thanks for any and all comments

1 - will the first marriage affect my filing?
No

2 - my current wife currently has a ten year B1/B2 and previously has had US student visas and H1Bs, will this be a positive, negative or neutral? We currently travel to the US often, but have not had a problem with her entering on her B visa.
Shouldn't be an issue.
3 - my first marriage was a bonafide marriage (we were together for almost 11 years and married for 7). When we got married, however, my wife was on her student visa and had become out-of-status (i don't remember the reason anymore, it was something minor and we were surprised by it at the time) - she left the US and re-entered and we got married after that. I don't really remember the details (and the let her re-enter so I am assuming it was something minor), and it wasn't a factor in our marriage, but it did happen- not sure if this is an issue at all either, although it never came up during any of our other proceedings.
Not an issue again

Good luck!

Elvis,

You have no problems ahead of you. If you get tired of marrying foreigners, then let us get married, NH made it legal for two dudes to get married...:D