Divorced from LPR after finding marriage fraud

aengelberg

I'm an American citizen and married a Swedish citizen in May 1999. In June 2002, he was granted his Permanent Resident Card for 10 years (no conditions). I filed for divorce in September 2002 because I discovered the following: he had a history of infidelity, he had unpaid income taxes and child support due in Sweden, he had a battery suit filed against him by his ex-girlfriend for breaking her nose, he was arrested for a DUI, and he had told a previous girlfriend he planned to marry a US woman in order to get a green card.

We had a child together, and he has not paid any child support despite a decree requiring him to do so as part of our divorce proceedings. He has also had 2 auto repossessions because of his poor credit.

I know the INS does not want to hear my "sob story", but is there any legal way to have his greencard revoked or ensure that it will not be renewed in 10 years?

It wasn't a conviction - it was a suit. He was supposed to appear in court but was in the US, so the statute of limitations eventually took effect and the case was dropped. Technically, I don't think he had to disclose it.

aengelberg said:
It wasn't a conviction - it was a suit. He was supposed to appear in court but was in the US, so the statute of limitations eventually took effect and the case was dropped. Technically, I don't think he had to disclose it.

Then what about DUI? He was arrested for that so he had to disclose it.
If he did not, you can inform USCIS

JoeF said:
No. I am quite happy as software engineer. I am sometimes joking that I probably could work as a paralegal, though.

Now that is a funny joke, hysterical in fact. Actually, you are more than qualified to be a lawyer as you have proven incomprehensibly that you dish out false and incorrect information with the best of them. :D :D :D