Divorced and remarried

Julia7

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
My question is; i married to my ex husband who was a U.S citizen, in 2001. We had met in my country and he proposed me 3 weeks later. But unfortunately he divorced me in 2004. I even got maintenance for a year. Then i applied for a waiver and my green card and I proved that our marriage was real and got my permanent card in November 2005. In the meanwhile I got remarried in May 2005 to another U.S citizen but unfortunately got divorced again in 2007. Both marriages were real and have all kinds of proofs. I have been a permanent resident for 8 years now and been in the country for 12 years. Never left the country for more than 3 weeks, no criminal records, paid my taxes on time, and last week applied for my citizenship. Do you think mine will be an easy transaction?

Thank you

Julia

Don't see any problems. You got your GC in 2005 and the second marriage has nothing to to with it. Just make sure that you have the divorce papers ready at the interview.

Thank you

Don't see any problems. You got your GC in 2005 and the second marriage has nothing to to with it. Just make sure that you have the divorce papers ready at the interview.

Thank you for your response. I have all kinds of documents to prove that both marriages were real. Should i take the profs of the second marriage with me as well when i have an interview? What do you think?

Thank you in advance.

I don't think you need all that stuff but just in case I would take it.

You should for sure take tax transcripts with you.