Divorce and spousal alien status question - thanks

i think

i think even if she gets the GC w/o ins knowing that you divorced, one simple letter to ins from you will make her loose he GC and get he deported, beause her I-485 is independent application even though she applied as your dependant. this is my understanding, any suggestions.. JPenny, thank god you are free. do you have kids?

I am confused

You have two contradicting statements gundupandu. In your first statement you said that JC penny can cancel his wife\'s GC anytime. And then your second statement says that her application is independant.
        And as for JCPenny, I am really sorry for all that you are going through. I think its wrong for all of us to make any comments without knowing anything at all about your situation.

No Title

1. Is the EAD any good given that I-485 has been denied?
If you are sure of this, INS formerly denied her I-485, INS normally would revoke her EAD at the same time of denial notice. Sometimes, INS give 30 days of grace period to let her leave US (only in AOS case, not H1b/4 case).
2. At what point does she become an illegal alien?
Nobody knows, she can change to other immigration status or marry a millionaire.
Is she allready illegal given that the I-485 has been denied, or after the divorce when her H4 may not be valid either?
Again, maybe.

mr. a hole

if he does not withdraw application after divorce file/judgement then don\'t u think he is committing fraud by sponsoring nondependant/ex-spouse.

JC Penny - it\'s tough for u man!

I\'m also in the initial process of separation (amicably) and intend to formally go about it after getting my plastic card as We\'ll be going fo CP Interview in Feb end.
Can u guy pls gimme the info/links on how to go about it and whats this cleaners stuff...
Thanks...