Divorce and GreenCard

dsmartkid

My spouses filled for green card for me, I was given 2years conditional green card. My 2 year hasn't expired but i filled for divorce due to several adultery in our relationship done by her. I do have proof of legit marriage like bills, lease, insurances,etc. Also i do have recording and proofs of her adultery which she confessed too. Now i want to know if i would be give my 10years? and would i need to send proof of her default in the marriage to immigration?

Now, she is doing the most to claim it was a false marriage so i wouldn't get the 10 years.
My proof to counter her false claims:
1. I recorder her pleading i should retract my divorce so we could work it out. (2nd time cheating).
2. I filled for change of status 9months after marriage. (Didn't get married for GC).

Thanks in advance.

As long as you have proof of bona fide marriage it should be okay. She could say what she wants but that doesn't mean they will believe her. Is your divorce finalized yet? Once your divorce is finalized you should immediately (not wait for 2 years) file for Removal of Conditions (I-751) by yourself and check the box for divorced.

tslfyix sented

My divorce has not been finalized. She is refusing to sign the papers. The court is wait on her. I was told if she doesn't respond at a certain time. It will be finalized without her.

As long as you have proof of bona fide marriage it should be okay. She could say what she wants but that doesn't mean they will believe her. Is your divorce finalized yet? Once your divorce is finalized you should immediately (not wait for 2 years) file for Removal of Conditions (I-751) by yourself and check the box for divorced.

my sister is on the same situation...her divorced hasn't finalized yet (they are both agreeing to the divorce). now, her GC expires march 2014....should she wait until December for removal of conditions or should she do it right away after the divorce finalizes?

my sister is on the same situation...her divorced hasn't finalized yet (they are both agreeing to the divorce). now, her GC expires march 2014....should she wait until December for removal of conditions or should she do it right away after the divorce finalizes?

She should file in December 2013 or when her divorce is finalized, whichever is earlier.

Divorced and remarried

Hi all,
My question is; i married to my ex husband who was a U.S citizen, in 2001. We had met in my country and he proposed me 3 weeks later. But unfortunately he divorced me in 2004. I even got maintenance for a year. Then i applied for a waiver and my green card and I proved that our marriage was real and got my permanent card in November 2005. In the meanwhile I got remarried in May 2005 to another U.S citizen but unfortunately got divorced again in 2007. Both marriages were real and have proofs. I have been a permanent resident for 8 years now and been in the country for 12 years. Never left the country for more than 3 weeks, no criminal records, paid my taxes on time, and last week applied for my citizenship. Do you think mine will be an easy transaction?

Thank you

Julia