divorce and dependent visa

Ravi Reddy

I am from India. am on a h1b visa. Last year I got married in India and my wife joined on a H4 visa. Due to some unavoidable circumstances our marriage did not last long and we had to take a divorce on mutual consent. The divorce was as per US(Conneticut) law. Now I would like to go back to India and marry again.
Will I have any problem to get a H4 visa for my would be wife. Will the US embassy in India ask for the divorce papers from India. Will they insist that the divorce be as per Indian law or is it ok if I show the divorce papers from US.What is the paperwork required in such situations.Please let me know.

No Title

I would like to marry someone who is not legal here. I was married before , but that did not work out. I\'m going thought the divorce right now. What are our chances fixing his papers? Also what are the loop wholes? If any . Could you please let me know

No Title

I got the same situation with Ravi Reddy but the marriage had taken place in the Philippines.

Anybody who has an answer to this question?

Thanks,

Belle

No Title

Please help me if you could, because right now I am in need of getting a green card or legal document to stay in the USA. I have been living in the US about almost 13 years, still doesn\'t have a legal paper to do any thing .. my e-mail is touneophaso@hotmail.com or phone number is (801)521-8854 Thank You...Toune Ophaso

No Title

My opinion is that a US divorce will be valid in india just as a marriage performed in US is valid in India.So,i guess u do not need indian divorce papers.

No Title

hi
I am afraid the US divorce is not valid in India you have to take a divorce in Indian court based on the
papers filed in US

unless you a resident alien (green cared holder) and lived in US for aleast 3 years