• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Diversity Visa/Lottery and Pending Petition 1-130

sky blue

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I live in Europe and have been selected for the DV this year. But my brother already gave for me a petition (I-130, brother of US Citizen) 2 years ago and USCIS has sent us a receipt that they received our application. As you may know this process takes at least 10 years to finalize. Am I still elligible to apply for my DV and revoke the previous petition from my brother? I already sent my forms for initial application to Kentucky and waiting for an appointment. Is this something to be discussed during immigrant visa interview with the consulate? I would appreciate your help.
Thanks in advance.
Thom

You are still eligible for the DV Lottery

Hi,
I live in Europe and have been selected for the DV this year. But my brother already gave for me a petition (I-130, brother of US Citizen) 2 years ago and USCIS has sent us a receipt that they received our application. As you may know this process takes at least 10 years to finalize. Am I still elligible to apply for my DV and revoke the previous petition from my brother? I already sent my forms for initial application to Kentucky and waiting for an appointment. Is this something to be discussed during immigrant visa interview with the consulate? I would appreciate your help.
Thanks in advance.
Thom

Thom, you will be able to take advantage of your DV Lottery slot, as long as you fulfill all the DV requirements. After you get your confirmation that KCC has received your documents, you can then contact them via email and explain your situation. As you know, waiting 18 months for the DV visa will certainly be faster that the family petition!

Sukie

Thom, you will be able to take advantage of your DV Lottery slot, as long as you fulfill all the DV requirements. After you get your confirmation that KCC has received your documents, you can then contact them via email and explain your situation. As you know, waiting 18 months for the DV visa will certainly be faster that the family petition!

Sukie

thanks Sukie.. All the best, Thom

Yes, we had I130 pending and got DV last year.

What I want to know is, I haven't found an answer to this: if we get our DV visas, but decide not to immigrate now, does the I-130 petition remain in place? (Our priority date on that means it will be probably another 4-5 years before its current.)

Yes, we had I130 pending and got DV last year.

What I want to know is, I haven't found an answer to this: if we get our DV visas, but decide not to immigrate now, does the I-130 petition remain in place? (Our priority date on that means it will be probably another 4-5 years before its current.)
If you already got your GC, then I understand the petition I-130 will be withdrawn. I think in this case it will be better to contact USCIS.