• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DIVERSITY JOB ZONE QUESTION

Leezyt

Hello,

I am the manager of team in Los Angeles and here on a L1-a visa, can anyone let me know what Manager in Corporate Travel would be, I can`t seem to find this listed.

Hello,

I am the manager of team in Los Angeles and here on a L1-a visa, can anyone let me know what Manager in Corporate Travel would be, I can`t seem to find this listed.
Not really much information to go on there to search - I know you said corporate travel but is that in the Travel industry or is that just a department inside a larger organisation?

You may find that you will not be able to find an exact match for your particular job - but you will need to find something that closely matches it

It is the Travel Industry, it is not leisure, corporate and entertainment. I manage the team.
I'm not sure which to choose. Hmm

Not really much information to go on there to search - I know you said corporate travel but is that in the Travel industry or is that just a department inside a larger organisation?

You may find that you will not be able to find an exact match for your particular job - but you will need to find something that closely matches it

Corporate and Entertainment, it is the corporate division of a global travel company.
I have been managing a team for 6 years there.
I am unsure which job fits best.

Hello,

Don’t you have a high school Diploma. Qualifying via work experience could be a bit complicated.

Corporate and Entertainment, it is the corporate division of a global travel company.
I have been managing a team for 6 years there.
I am unsure which job fits best.

So look for something in O’Net along the line of people manager or front line supervisor - go through the different managerial listings to see which one closely matches what you do in addition to meeting the DV requirements.

So look for something in O’Net along the line of people manager or front line supervisor - go through the different managerial listings to see which one closely matches what you do in addition to meeting the DV requirements.
Don’t you have a high school Diploma. Qualifying via work experience could be a bit complicated.
I have a high school certificate of proficiency which I just found out for diversity won't work.
I was transferred here to Manage a business, so was just trying to match it up with what they would to make sure im clear.

There are various manager positions on o*net, some are at the required level and others are not. You are going to need to look through them to see which ones have duties that most closely match your role. You will need to make sure you can prove that your experience meets the position you claim qualifies if you use work experience. Just a job title won’t be enough.

If the Manager position does indeed matches a Zone Four occupation as checked on o*net (which is my case), what document do I need to bring to the interview? Just a Work Certificate? Is there something else needed?

Thanks in advance

Thank you Susie for pointing me to this post. Not sure how I missed it, it explains it perfectly.