Distinction between EB categories during I-485

desi_kutta

Folks,
    Does INS show any difference in adjudicating EB1 vs EB2 vs EB3 cases during I-485 process ?

No Title

I don\'t think so. The only difference is probably the PD date. Once PD date is reached, all the EBs are treated the same way. However, I do not know exactly what priority date is. Is it a date when an applicant is allowed to file I-140 or a date when one starts to file I-485?

The waiting is simply too painful and not needed. We should lobby the leadership to speed up the I-485 processing. I, for one, recently sent an e-mail for the purpose. I hope other people do the similar thing. Here is part of my e-mail if anybody wants to make a similar effort.

Dear Mr. XXX,

I am writing you because I am among one of the many people who are enduring the
greatest pain of waiting for the Adjustment of Status by the Immigration and
Naturalization Service under the Department of Justice. The waiting time is simply too long for us. I am writing you and hope that you could shorten the painful process for us. I understand that this issue might be of lower priority in your agenda since we are far from being US citizen yet, but immigration and diversity are important part of this great country and have significantly contributed to its strength.

Like many of the pending Adjustment of Status cases, here is my scenario:
=====DESCRIBE YOUR OUTSTANDING WORK and PAINFUL EXPERIENCES WITH IMMIGRATION===== Many similar cases are posted at http://www.immitracker.com/vsc/. The waiting is simply not needed. Here I plead for your help. I see no need for me to wait another year or more to become a resident since my status as an outstanding researcher was established in DATE. People in similar situation are as frustrated as I am. I beg you visit http://www.immigrationportal.com/WebX?13@@.ee89cbe to see the evidence and understand my feeling.

Please help us by asking the INS to process Adjustment of Status applications faster. There is really not much to dig at this stage of residence applications. They should simply approve this type of application right away.

No Title

I had sent emails directly to the Whitehouse and wonder if that makes any sense. Maybe someone is laughing out at the cost of pain I go through.