disgruntled employee

wtng2

Registered Users (C)
(I'm not sure if there's a thread for this already, if there is please send me the link)

Has anyone here ever walked out of their job while their 485 is pending? (Reason for walking out could be because you just got sick and tired of your employer/coworkers) If yes, what happened to your pending 485 application?

Nothing happens to your case provided you get approved without any RFE. If you get an RFE, you need to have a job.

I am sure we have all faced situations when we wanted to strangle a manager or a coworker. Best thing to do is just bear it for a few more months - you will get there, everyone does.

To be able to successfully change emloyers without jeopardizing the GC process you have to

1) Find a job same/similar to the GC sponsoring job
2) Change 180+ days after I-485 RD
3) Notify BCIS (recommended) to remind them you still qualify with AC21

If you haven't already - do some research on AC21. You can start here http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=93273

you have come all the way to this far, I would say hang on some more time until you get your GC. nowadays they are frequently sending RFEs. Don't take risk.

thank you!

thank you guys for the encouragement! I needed that. I appreciate your response!!

thanks again!

Even if you get approved without an RFE (After ditching your employer), you will find difficulties at the time of applying for citizenship. You need to work for the employer for a reasonable period of time AFTER getting your GC. Otherwise it can be deemed a fraud later when you apply for citizenship.