Discussion: Less than 180 days after I485 filing and got layed-off

I posted the same and got some valuable inputs

I posted the same and got some valuable inputs. Pls. Visit to this link.

LetsGetGC "Gurus,

SS485: what\'s the ramification if you apply the EAD at the same time when you file I-485?

Please help me on this scenary: Ready to file I-485(I-140 approved) but somehow company will close in 2 month.

Solution 1: File EAD at the same time when you file I-485. It would be much easier to find a job without H1B sponsorship requirement, but the potential problem is that you may get RFE for your EAD.

Solution 2: File I-485 only and look for H1B job. (may apply EAD after 180 days of submitting the I-485). In current market, it would be tough to get an offer for H1B holder, but this way will reduce the risk of getting RFE for EAD application.

one of my questions is that what\'s the ramification to your GC process if you get an RFE for your EAD before the 180 days restriction?

Which strategy is better? Thank you for your help.

Why do you get RFE?

I am not clear on your Solution 1.

If you apply for EAD along with your AOS, why do you get a RFE?

Can you explain?

The reason I think this "may" jeopardize your I-485?

The chance to get RFE for EAD is not high, but it\'s still possible, for example, people have posted EAD RFE for unclear photographs (this should be easily done without getting company information)

My concern is that:

Is it possible for EAD RFE related to company information, for example, request you to get new employment letter or whatever you can not obtain at that time. (because company has already closed).

But if you just apply I-485 and let it sit idle for 180 days. You are safe 100% percent.

Correct me if I am wrong.

the possible ramification of EAD application when filing I-485

Because the company will close in two month and they refused to put something like "the job is available upon receiving approval of
his permanent residence application"(future job). It describes what I am doing right now (I will still be full-time employment in next two month).

If I submitted the EAD when applying I-485, My question is:
1. Do they look at your employment letter when processing EAD application?

2. If they do, what\'s the ramification if they feel the employment letter doesn\'t state "the job is available in future" and ask RFE in which time the company probably already closed.

Thank you for your help.