Discussion and Tracking from Oct. 9, 2001.

Gking

Registered Users (C)
The serious I-140 delay has been causing unfairness to those who filed I-140 with TSC. TSC takes 8-10 months to approve I-140, but NSC takes 1-2 months to approve I-140, CSC takes about 3 months. Even VSC, which was as slow as TSC a few months ago, has moved up to approve July 2001 cases. All these can be viewed by comparing the following tracking sites:

http://www.mycgiserver.com/~vp0001
http://instrack.sce.net/

We must fight for ourself. What we can do is we must express our pain to INS, INS Texas Service Center, INS Internal Audit Office, and the US congress, US Senate. The INS Internal Audit Office also states that "there will be no retaliation for submitting a complaint. Forwarding a complaint will have no effect upon your immigration case or your eligibility for any benefits to which you are entitled under the Immigration and Nationality Act." So, out right to complain TSC delay is assured by the US. Immigration and Nationality Act.

Sample letters have been drafted by Dr. Ken Hamilton, and Dr. tscwaiter2.
Thanks for their effort, and my personal solute goes to these two right-fighters. Please modify these letters to fit your special circumstances, and send them to INS, Congress, Senate. These letters will act as an EXTERNAL catalyst to wake TSC. These letters will be much more effective than your stupid attorney\'s toilet papers. On the other hand, INS internal audit office receives average 2400 letters per year, so, even 100 letters complaining the SAME thing (TSC I-140 delay) will be outstandingly attracting INS\'s and Congress\'s attention.

Also if you have any approval, please post on this TSC I140 discussion board or send to tsci140@hotmail.com.

Regards,

Sample letter composed by Dr. Tscwaiters

FOR THE PERSONAL ATTENTION OF THE TSC DIRECTOR
Evelyn Upchurch, Director
USINS Texas Service Center
P.O. Box 851488
Mesquite, TX 75185-1488
RE: Delay in the Processing of Employment-Based Immigration
    Petitions (I-140) in USINS Texas Service Center
                                                                September 20, 2001
Dear Honorable Director,
Congratulations on your recent promotion to TSC Director!

This is to bring to your attention the serious delay in the processing of the I-140 immigration petitions in Texas Service Center (TSC). To the best of my knowledge, TSC has the slowest pace in processing employment-based (EB) immigration petitions (I-140) among
four service centers (CSC, NSC, VSC, and TSC) of INS. TSC takes 7~8 months on average to process an I-140 (EB-2) petition, but the same case takes about 1~2 month to process in USINS Nebraska Services Center. TSC is about six months behind NSC, 4 months behind CSC
and VSC. As for those employment-based first preference (EB-1) cases, it takes TSC 11 months to process, which is about 10 months behind NSC, and 7 months behind CSC and VSC.

More than months processing delay in TSC causes serious unfairness to I-140 petitioners and beneficiaries who filed their petitions to TSC. My I-140 petition was filed to TSC on XX/XX/XX with a case number SRC-01-XXX-XXXXX. If my petition had been filed to Nebraska Service Center (NSC), it would have been processed by now. However, my case
will NEVER be touched for the next XX months in TSC.

I really enjoy working and living in this country, the land of freedom and fairness. I have been doing cutting-edge research for this country for years. I have kept my legal status here all the time. I paid hefty amount of tax year after year. All in all, I have an American dream. I look forward to contributing more to this great country.

As an honorable director of TSC, you have the authority and ultimate influence to speed up I-140 processing at TSC. With your help, the unfair treatment and serious delay on our I-140 petitions by TSC may be ended very soon.

Sincerely,

Your Name, Your title
Your Organization

Sample letters from KGH

Letter-1: Again this letter is to be directed at the Office of Internal Audit, for mistreatment.
Director
Office of Internal Audit
425 Eye Street W Room 3260
Washington, DC 20536
I am writing to file a complaint about the USINS Texas Service Center. I, along with a great many others, am being mistreated by this service center. There is a complete lack of service and regard for our immigrant petitions at the TSC. I140 applications are pending from the beginning of this year, with the official processing date listed as November 13,2000. This is occurring while George W. Bush and the Congress have issued an objective of only six months for the completion of the entire immigration process. The new INS commissioner, James Ziglar, has reiterated this objective. We are taxpayers and have played by the rules to live and work in this great country and deserve better treatment than we are receiving. The TSC indicates that "The Center is committed to serving our customers effectively and efficiently". That is certainly not the case.
In comparison, The Nebraska Service Center is approving cases within 60 days. California and Vermont are also 3-4 months ahead of Texas. This is unjust and discriminatory for those of us who have settled in the region served by the TSC. Also, if priority numbers slide back again, many people will again be adversely affected, despite having filed their I140 well ahead of other petitioners in the Nebraska, Vermont or California Service Center. I understand that it is impossible to have the 4 service centers working on the exact same dates; but the current discrepancy is totally unsatisfactory. I am sending this letter to inform you of the hardships that families like mine face because of the processing inefficiencies. We abide by the immigration laws and are contributors to the community and country.
I appeal to you to use the resources of your office to investigate the issues that are causing the delays at TSC so that they can be resolved and applications can be approved in a timely manner. Thank you for your attention.

Letter-2:
Those of us with applications at the Texas Service Center are encouraged by the fact that the INS is near completion of their audits. We are optimistic that under your leadership, these audits will be used to rectify the inefficient and slow processing that is occurring at the Texas Service Center. We hope that the audit also reveals the injustice of the current system. A person living within the Nebraska region would have a 6-8 month advantage in the processing of their I140 application. Vermont and California are also several months ahead of Texas\' I140 processing. These advantages may be critical if the visa numbers regress again.
This situation is discriminatory and will continue to cause hardship to the people who live in the TSC region. It should not matter where one lives in order to be treated humanely and equitably. We should not be penalized for where we live and for being hard working, law-abiding, tax-paying residents. Hard earned dollars have paid for filing fees and in return we expect service from TSC for those dollars.

A letter from Dr. Mamingyou

Mingyou Ma, Ph.D.
1166 7th Avenue North, XXXXX, FL XXXXX
Tel: (XXX) XXX-XXXX, Fax: (XXX) XXX-XXXX
XXX@yahoo.com
Aug. 20, 2001

Senator Patrick Leahy
Judiciary Committee Chairman
United States Senate
Washington, DC 20510
(202) 224-4242
senator_leahy@leahy.senate.gov

RE: Delay of Immigration Petition (I-140) Processing in the Immigration and
Naturalization Service’s Texas Service Center

Dear Honorable Senator Leahy,

I am writing you to bring to your attention the serious delay of immigration petition (I-140) processing in the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS)’s Texas Service Center (TSC).

According to the information (07/31/2001) posted by the American Immigration Layers Association, INS Texas Service Center has the slowest pace in processing immigration petition (I-140) among INS’s 4 service centers. It takes about 9 months for TSC to process I-140 immigration petition; however, it only takes less than 2 months for the Nebraska Service Center (NSC) to process I-140 petitions.

The 6-7 months processing delay in TSC causes serious unfairness. Since June 2001, immigrant visas for all employment-based categories are available, this means the approved I-140 applicants can apply for adjustment of status immediately without any additional waiting period for the availability of visas. With the immigrant visa quote being used up, this “Visas for all categories are CURRENT” status will not last any long. Thus, a 6-7 months delay in TSC during the I-140 stage will certainly cause unfairness to those who have filed cases with the TSC. Unlike those applicants with NSC, those with TSC may not submit their applications for status adjustment immediately even after their I-140 cases are approved. They may have to wait for 1-3 years to apply for status adjustment.

My I-140 case was filed on 03/07/2001 and it may not be processed for another three months at the current TSC pace. I love this country, I want to become part of this country and work hard for it. That’s the fundamentals supporting my immigration application action. As an honorable senator, you have the esteemed respect from all the people of this country and also you have the ultimate influence on the immigration processing agencies. With you help, the TSC I-140 processing delay problem will certainly be solved. Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Mamingyou

Ken, Did you post the letters ??

Ken,

We have not heard from you for quite some time now. Hope you would have sent letters on behalf of us.
Please provide an update !

Help on recommensation letters

I am going to apply Green card. My attorney asked me to provide reference letters as many as possible. I can get 4 letters from USA professors and supervisors.

Do I have to get reference letters from my former supervisors in my home country? I had bad relationship with my former working supervisor in my home country, how can I get a GOOD letter from him? please offers suggestions. Thank youvery much.

No Title

I think your lawyer refers to experience letters. These letters would describe your position and duties etc. and when performed. Most former employers should be ok with this request - HR can do this too. Just check with your lawyer whether he means experience letters.

No Title

I only have about 17-18 names. I haven\'t worked on it any further, as I don\'t feel those are sufficient numbers to send out a petition.

No Title

I got letter from HR for one of the companies and letter from my colleague for another one. Just have to mention duration of work, position, job responsibilities and tools , environment worked on. Preferably matching what was stated in the LC.

140 Case Transfered to Different INS Center

Does anyone have any idea why TSC transfered 140 case to NSC, my company comes under TSC only. My notice date is in July 2001.

Case transfered to NB

My company is in Atlanta, my work place is Kentucky(comes under TSC 0nly). And my ND July 12th 2001.

Hi, I am from Atlanta. RD of my 140 is 10/11/2001. What is the probable date for I-140 to be through.