disabilty

rajeshGC

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,

I don't know if it is the right place to post my question.In case not,please direct me to that area.

I will appreciate if you could help me on this.

It's more than 10 months since I applied for my I-485 and my wife is working on EAD.During maternity can she claim disability.The organization she works is ready to pay the disability.

But my question is that would it effect our green card processing if my wife claims the disability.

I will appreciate your comments on this that would claiming disability effect the green card and could it create problem.

Thanks and regards

I don't think cliaming disability from the company she is working will, in any way, affects the GC processing.

If you really have doubts on this, better talk to an attorney.

--------
This is my openion, not a legal one

own experience..

going on maternity leave is an employee's benefit for working in that company. this has nothing to do with gc. i went on maternity leave a year ago while on h1 (which is a different circumstance but still) & company paid me for the 3 mos. i was out.

hope this helps.

net
RD 1/15/02

I thank you for your views.Let me give you more information and maybe it would help you more.In my wife's case it is not maternity leave.She works in a bookstore and her job involves a lot of standing and doctor has advised her not to stand for long.so the bookstore is ready to pay her from right now till the end.

so I want to know if claiming disability is different from going on maternity leave(I don't know if one has to fill disability form for going on maternity leave).The company she works for has told her to fill the disability ,get it signed by the doctor and give to to them and they will pay her till the end.

so if she claims disability,would it be anyway realted/linked to your GC processing etc.

Kindly help me with your suggestion

As I've already said, claiming diasbility (not restricted to maternity leave ) should not affect GC process.

--------
This is my openion, not a legal one