Direct Consular Filing from India

rajtheking,

What information is requested in pkt3?

Since you applied on Jan 4th, when did you receive the pkt3? And what is your consulate as I think if not Delhi, then it add some extra days.

I would mail it the fastest way.

aashn said:
rajtheking,

Congrats for having a smooth sailing!

Any idea on the estimates of how long it takes for dcf these days?

Personally I'm about to apply N-400 in a couple of months for myself and am having a *very* tough time deciding between k1, k3 and dcf for my partner who is stuck back home.

DCF is the fastest route, around 3 months but you need to add 2 months of stay in India. Since you have't applied for your citizenship yet, things could change by the time you apply.

Thanks a lot, bobbyz. I think you have an excellent point that things might change by the time I get to apply. BTW, hope things are going well for your DCF. Good luck with that.

You're also right that when you add the two extra months, DCF really takes 5 months. Anyone know how long for K1/K3?

1 year???!!!! Wow!!!

Does it mean that if I apply the next day after becoming a citizen, it will take a year from my spouse to join me here in the US? OMG :(

Thank you though.

Any idea where I can find more information about this? This forum doesn't deals with issues and processes related to spousal/family unification, but only for N-400 mostly (for which, it is the best!). Could someone give me pointers where I can find out from people who have practical experience in this? Forums and such?

Thanks.

Filing I-130 in US also takes 1 ye before your spouse gets the visa to come to US. That's why folks are filing DCF in New Delhi. I met 2/3 gals over there who had come for visa interview and all of them had taken around 1 yr.

This should be in the other forum named "K visa issues and related" but there is not much activity in that forum. You can also check "family based GC" forum.

Do remember that if you go the K3 visa route your spouse will still have to get GC here in US. That process could take 2 yrs. With I-130, he/she gets the GC within weeks of getting into US.

w2 and tax forms query for i-864

Hi,my wife got packet 4.She has interview in chennai in the first week of march.I have a question regarding the w2 and tax forms .When submitting the i-864 form do we have to send the originals w2 and tax statements of the last 3 years or the xerox copies are fine.I am planning to send the originals.Any info is appreciated.
Thanks for everyone on this forum.[helping me since n-400 days.]
Also,is there any link regarding hotels in Chennai or where to stay.If their is ,please post it or if you have any info on Chennai hotels please post it.The hotels must be near the US consulate.

Congrats rajtheking!!! Basically 2months from your application to wife interview not bad.

I am not sure about W2, but for tax, get the tax transcripts from IRS. Maybe you already have them from your citizenship thing. It seems rules have changed and you only need last 1 yr, but I will still take last 3 yrs. you never know folks at the consulate.

rajtheking said:
Hi,my wife got packet 4.She has interview in chennai in the first week of march.I have a question regarding the w2 and tax forms .When submitting the i-864 form do we have to send the originals w2 and tax statements of the last 3 years or the xerox copies are fine.I am planning to send the originals.Any info is appreciated.
Thanks for everyone on this forum.[helping me since n-400 days.]
Also,is there any link regarding hotels in Chennai or where to stay.If their is ,please post it or if you have any info on Chennai hotels please post it.The hotels must be near the US consulate.

I don't know if you are still looking for hotels, but if you are -
"The PARK" is the closest to the Consulate.

http://www.hotelsinchennaimadras.com/park-hotel.html

Here's another link which lists all hotels that are close / some what close to the U.S. Consulate in Chennai. Go to the section "Where to Stay".

http://www.murthy.com/resource/iachcons.html

Hi,this is a follow-up to my case .My wife's interview is at Chennai on March 9th.Hope,everything goes fine.Praying it goes smoothly.
thanks for the hotel list on Chennai.there is one more site wich I found out --- www.immihelp.com which lists hotels in Chennai.Also www.crystalresidency.com --this is supposed to be a hotel close to the consulate.It has its own website with rates and room info.Looks OK.If anyone has any info,please post it.
I have a few questions for folks who finished DCF--
1.If the interview is successful and you are approved then within how many days will you get your stamped passport to your house.They will courier it ,So must not take more than 3 days.
2.After she gets the passport and I-551 stamp can she travel to the US immediately?
3.And after the I-551 stamping, HOW LONG does it take for the physical green card to arrive by mail in the US? This is important for me ,because she most probably has to travel back to India for marriages of her friends.If she does not get the green card,in the meanwhile can she travel back to India with that I-551 stamping on the passport?
I will be posting my wife's experience soon.
Thanks for the help.

rajtheking, congrats and good luck with the interview for your wife.

Can you please post your full timeline? I'd really appreciate it if you could.

My Timeline

Hi,Ya sure ,my timeline is as follows.It was pretty fast actually.
Filed DCF at Delhi -Jan 5 ,2006
Got packet 3 - Feb 1 ,2006
Sent packet 3 -Feb 2, 2006
Case shows up on chennai website - Feb 14 , 2006
Get packet 4 -Feb 25 , 2006
Interview date - March 9 , 2006

please reply

rajtheking said:
Hi,this is a follow-up to my case .My wife's interview is at Chennai on March 9th.Hope,everything goes fine.Praying it goes smoothly.
thanks for the hotel list on Chennai.there is one more site wich I found out --- www.immihelp.com which lists hotels in Chennai.Also www.crystalresidency.com --this is supposed to be a hotel close to the consulate.It has its own website with rates and room info.Looks OK.If anyone has any info,please post it.
I have a few questions for folks who finished DCF--
1.If the interview is successful and you are approved then within how many days will you get your stamped passport to your house.They will courier it ,So must not take more than 3 days.
2.After she gets the passport and I-551 stamp can she travel to the US immediately?
3.And after the I-551 stamping, HOW LONG does it take for the physical green card to arrive by mail in the US? This is important for me ,because she most probably has to travel back to India for marriages of her friends.If she does not get the green card,in the meanwhile can she travel back to India with that I-551 stamping on the passport?
I will be posting my wife's experience soon.
Thanks for the help.

Hi,any help on these questions would help. Thanks.

From what I know:

She should get the passport with visa stamp in under 3 days. Then she can buy the ticket and fly right away. GC would take 2-3 weeks after landing in US. If she needs to go back early, why not stay for 2 weeks and then fly to US.

I hope this is not true, it would be real bad for lots of folks, including me. I could have filed 2 months ago but couldn't coz. of some stupid document. I am leaving for India this weekend to file again.

With DCF going away soon, what are other best options? I was planning on going to india to file through DCF in July of this year, but obviously i won't be able to do that. How long can the process take if you apply from the US? I'm from the midwest. I checked he dates for Nebraska, but it doesn't list a date for I-30. Should i just consult a lawyer and see what our options are?