Different queues among EB?

GC_waiting1

Registered Users (C)
We already know that there are different categories of I-485(like family-based, employment-based,etc), and BCIS put them to different piles when they received them. I am now suspect that among all EB, they also divided them to multiple queues. For example the fastest queue has already moved to early Feb, 2002. But the slow queue still in mid of Jan. 2002( According to Rupnet)

I am not sure whether there are any other reasons besides different officers process different queue. Like any other criteria: LB priority date, single application, etc.

I guess lots of I-485 waitings are so thirst to know the truth, so I would appreciate you immigration experts who did a lot of analysis to contribute any of your idea/guess on this question. Thanks !

tombaan, yes as the priority dates are current it does not matter anymore while filing for I485, but I have seen examples where people with earlier priority dates are processed "relatively" earlier.

I have a freind who did not file for I485 for 2 years as he was waiting to get married.
His I485 was processed within 7 months by our good friends at NSC.

jaykarandikar

Hi jaykarandikar

Was the processing for your freind done recently (like last 1 to 1 1/2 yrs, when the processing has been slower) or was it done in the old days, when almost all people used to get their 485s in a year or so

same thing happened to

my friend, he filled his 485 in Jan 2002 at TSC and thought that he will get it in next 2/3 years, but surprisingly he got approval in april 2002(Just in 3 months). He has no clue what triggered this, I believe it is luck and lottery.

:)
waiting_4_485

gc_aug_o5, you are corect. My friend's approval came 1 1/2 years back, in the good old days.

Come to think of it, thats when I had filed for 1485 too , in the good old days. My friend had applied just a month before me !

:p

My guess is A#'s are issued on quota basis. A# issued in 1999 will come under 1999-2000 quota for immigration. So old A#'s (for primary applicants) would have triggered early processing of I-485 if all security clearances are completed.