Different Nationality couple seeking advice

Neel28

Friends,
After waiting for 3 years, my labor (EB3, NON-RIR) for certified today. I need some help to decide the next step. Please help me.

I am H1 holder from India and my wife is mexican citizen (H4 status).

Question 1. Can we do consular processing in india for both of us?

My STAMPED H1 visa expired more than a year ago but I have extention notice in paper (not stamped yet).

If there is a problem with CP, we will stuck in India.. Please Please help.

Moderators.....Will you be able to help me by forwarding this question to Rajiv...
Thanks alot all...
Regards
Neel

Originally posted by Neelesh m
Friends,
After waiting for 3 years, my labor (EB3, NON-RIR) for certified today. I need some help to decide the next step. Please help me.

I am H1 holder from India and my wife is mexican citizen (H4 status).

Question 1. Can we do consular processing in india for both of us?

My STAMPED H1 visa expired more than a year ago but I have extention notice in paper (not stamped yet).

If there is a problem with CP, we will stuck in India.. Please Please help.

Moderators.....Will you be able to help me by forwarding this question to Rajiv...
Thanks alot all...
Regards
Neel

You both can definitely do consular processing in India. You can also do it in Mexico, please check with US consulate in Mexico.

Since you H1 visa stamp is expired, carry the original valid H1 approval notice with you when you go for the IV interview. Same holds for your wife's H4.

If your case is clear and straight forward, you should not have any problems in CP.

Since you are married to a foreign national, be prepared to answer detailed questions about your marriage. Your wife also should be prepared to do so.

Hope this helps!

Nilesh, I do agree with nkm-oct23. My friend is married with a chinese lady and they went to Delhi consulate for their CP interview. It was a breeze for them.
cheers!!
Ranen

Dear Ranen, nkm
Thanks alot for your reply.. I am so relieved after hearing from u guys... My lawyer was kind of scaring me by telling what if they reject because of different nationality etc. etc..

nkm, as far as I know, my case is clear and straight forward (can show a steady job atleast :)

Ranen, Is it possible to get your friend's email... only if he is ready to share some experience...otherwise leave it.. what ever you told me is more than enough to start with.

Happy holidays
:)
neel

Neel

I am an indian national and my wife in mexican as well. we got our green card through consular processing this year - no issues except the offier was very curious about the nationality differences and had a million questions about the marraige.....

VC

Hello VC,
Wow what a great news for me!!... Where did u guys get married. We married in United states and have the marriage certificate. Are those questions were specifically about the marriage? Why, How, When, Where etc? Which consulate u did the processing...

Thanks alot for spending some time with my question.

have a good day
Neel

Neel

We were married in India (religious) and US (civil). We had the interview in Juarez. The marraige license by itself did not help - you need to take marraige photos with you.

The officer asked questions of us separately - reg where we met, when/how we got married and about each other's families.

If you need more info, send me your email address, I will be glad to answer your questions.

Good luck!

VC

Thanks VC,
Actually we are planning to goto Mumbai and do CP.. As you said we have our marriage certificate and photos and a real story to tell...
Here is my email address: Please send me a mail so that I can ask you few more concerns I have.

You have a great weekend. :)
:)