• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

different lastname spell,please help

ali_1357

hi everyone
I have recently gotten the DV-2006 winning notification letter,but my last name that i wrote in ellectronic application is different from my passport in 2 letter (in pass : Aboutalebpour, in application and notification letter : Abutalebpur) , does it cause any problem for me?
sincerely

I assume you are from Iran. so, you can easily change your passport and change the spelling if you are still in Iran. If you are already in the US, it wouold be kind of harder I beleive. BTW, when did u get it? congrats!

change of passport spell

hi memo
thanks for your help.u are right, im from iran and still live here.i recived notification letter last Thursday. do u know how much it takes to change passport spell?also i must write date of pasport issuance in one of the application forms.if i change the spelling, does the date of issuance change?and if changes dont u think it is somehow imposible?
thanks again for guide
sincerely

Congrats again. That's even more exciting that you are still in Iran and won DV. I would change the passport and then fill the application forms, if I were you. I have heard that the passport issuance is fairly quick these days.

definitely will cause problems. Why didn't you write the name exactly how it appears in your passport?

Hi dear memo
thanks for your guide, I just did the correction today and it just took 30 mins.
many thanks to you and Lucy.
sincerely.