Different Alien numbers!!!! What the ...

Newman05

Registered Users (C)
Hey guys.

I found out that I have two different Alien numbers. My EAD card and my AP both have the number A***60**** yet my I485 has the number A***06**** !!!
I'll appreciate any suggestion of what should I do?

Regards.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Better to check and correct it.

Hey guys.

I found out that I have two different Alien numbers. My EAD card and my AP both have the number A***60**** yet my I485 has the number A***06**** !!!
I'll appreciate any suggestion of what should I do?

Regards.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

See immigration-law.com

Click on the breaking news:

11/15/2007: July VB Fiasco Filers of Two "A" File Numbers Received from the Service Centers

In the October 24, 2007 USCIS HQ Stakeholders Meeting, the USCIS gives the following answer:
Question: Should I be worried if I receive a different A-number after filing an application for adjustment of status on Form I-485?
Response: No, a temporary receipt process was implemented for Employment Based I-485 applications filed between July 2, 2007, and August 17, 2007. The temporary receipt process allowed USCIS to receipt the high volume of I-485 applications filed during the summer in a faster and more efficient manner. New A numbers were assigned during the receipt process. At a future date the newly assigned A numbers will be reconciled with previous A-numbers that may exist for each applicant and the newly assigned A-number will be deleted. The temporary A number will also appear on the EAD card. This temporary receipt process also facilitated the receipting of I-765 applications for employment authorization and I-131 applications for advance parole.

Thank you guys for your replies.

Aroma_kills, unfortunately I applied in April. So, that announcement doesn't apply to me. What also make it looks like an error is the whole number is the same except two digits in the middle.

As ImmInd suggested, I contacted NSC yesterday. After a long painful waiting somebody picked up the phone. After I told him the problem, he claimed that their system has the same number as my AP and EAD and the number which I have on my I-485 was a mistake in the paper I have only!!! :rolleyes: :D (I said to myself ... oh yea)

I hang up and I called again and this time a lady told me the same thing Aroma_Kills said. When I told her that I applied in April she realized that it's an error from their side. She also said that she made a note about that error and she'll forward it to be corrected.

Now my name check is pending and I'm not sure how these guys will handle this error and how I'll be effected by this mistake.

Looks like the back hole AKA "infamous Name Check" got me too and with this mistake they will probably give me a "special consideration" of more review.

Honestly, I'm getting sick of the immigration system and the infamous name check broken system!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: