Different A#s from I-485 and I-765 NOAs

bigclaw

Registered Users (C)
Hello, I just received all notice of action letters for my I-485/I-130/I-131/I-765 package from NBC. However, they assigned me two different A#s. One for I-485, and one for the other three forms. In other words, I have the same A# for I-130/I-131/I-765, but a different A# for I-485.

Anybody have any experience with this? :confused: Should I write and ask them to correct it?

Thanks a lot!

The national customer center asked me to schedule an InfoPass appointment with my local office, Atlanta, GA. Let's see what happens from there.

Update: When I called to schedule fingerprint appointments for both I-485 and I-765, the national customer representative told me it was not going to be a problem to have two A#s. The one from the I-485 receipt should always be referred to first because that's the one that will be used for my green card. :rolleyes:

I'll still make it to the InfoPass appointment just to see what yet another officer has to say.

Bigclaw,

I went through the exact same situation as you did. Three of my application NOA's (I-131, I-765 and I-130) had the same old A# on them and the I-485 A# has a new one. The one on the I-485 is your new A# which willbe used for AP, EAD, green card etc. The old one will be discarded. I have already got my EAD, and AP with the new A#.

Dont worry about the NOA's with the old A number. I too was initially concerned and called the 1-800 number to inform them. They said that they would take care of it. Later on I fould out that they did not have to do anything since everything was fine. They know what they are doing :).

Good Luck.

Go Bucks

bucks.rule, thanks for letting me know. I feel so much better now. :)

They say we are customers of the USCIS; somehow I hardly feel I'm a paying customer... :)

Hi, I just received the NOA's but had only the A # on the I-485. Forms I-765 and I-130 had no A #. Is that unusual especially when I hera you guys reporting on haven A #s on all the forms?

don't worry about having 2 different A numbers.
it is not a problem.they will change your A# every time you try to renew
your EAD.

norfolk01 said:
don't worry about having 2 different A numbers.
it is not a problem.they will change your A# every time you try to renew
your EAD.

It’s not true. I have applied and received 6 EAD up to date. They all have same A# , same as on all other INS documents and receipts I had for the past ten years.
A# is your “alien registration number”. It’s unique for everybody and will be carried over to your GC.

Bigclaw, do not rely on random advices from strangers on this message board (including me). You have to straiten this thing out for yourself. Take all your receipts to the infopass appointment and see what they tell you.

two A#s

bigclaw
I also have two A#'s, one which is the same as the A# on my current EAD and a different A# on the I-485 NOA. I also called the customer service center and she told me not to be concerned about the two A#s.
good luck

I received all four (I130, I485, I765 & I131) receipts yesterday. Only I485 have the A# but there no A# on I765 or I131? Is this unusual?
Thanks,

Jane Green said:
It’s not true. I have applied and received 6 EAD up to date. They all have same A# , same as on all other INS documents and receipts I had for the past ten years.
A# is your “alien registration number”. It’s unique for everybody and will be carried over to your GC.

Bigclaw, do not rely on random advices from strangers on this message board (including me). You have to straiten this thing out for yourself. Take all your receipts to the infopass appointment and see what they tell you.

Bigclaw and others, you dont have to rely on the advice of Jane Green either. She is definitely wrong in this case by saying that the other poster was wrong. I too had a new A# when I changed from my F1 EAD to my AOS EAD. Hence I have had two A# and it was not unique :). If you dont get your green card in a year, then when you renew your EAD, you will get the same A#.

Most people who post here, have no ulterior motives as she might think. I was informing you about my experience and I felt that you had no reason to worry.

The A# on the I-485 NOA is the A# that you will have on your Green Card, AP, EAD etc. The reason that you have a different A# on the other NOA's is because you must have got a A# before you applied for AOS (for e.g. I had one because of my F-1 OPT EAD).

People who do not have an A# before they apply for AOS will most probably have only one A# on their I-485 NOA and no A# on their other NOA's. Dont worry too much about it. In general the USCIS does a good job.

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the answers. We received AP a couple of days ago, and it's got the correct A# (from I-485 NOA). So it seems all is well.