Difference in name

kool_maverik

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
My name is different between my US passport and Indian passport. As an example,
US Passport = Hari Kumar Singh
Indian Passport = Hari Kumar Mangal Singh.

I have 2 middle names, one of which got dropped along the way during my immigration process. I have seen various people on here have this issue, but have not been able to track down what the solution is. Will a notarized affidavit work?

You will require to submit DS-5504 if your passport is issued within one year. You can find more information about you Name Change in passport here.

DISCLAIMER: The confidential information provided in this memorandum is for information purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice.The reader should consult with an immigration attorney before acting in reliance on any such information

Hi,
My name is different between my US passport and Indian passport. As an example,
US Passport = Hari Kumar Singh
Indian Passport = Hari Kumar Mangal Singh.

I have 2 middle names, one of which got dropped along the way during my immigration process. I have seen various people on here have this issue, but have not been able to track down what the solution is. Will a notarized affidavit work?

Thanks for the response. However, I do not wish to change my US passport as that creates a whole new set of issues. Morever, for changing the name on US passport, I cannot file DS-5504 as I do not have any official US documentation showing the name that is listed on my Indian passport.

You will require to submit DS-5504 if your passport is issued within one year. You can find more information about you Name Change in passport here.

DISCLAIMER: The confidential information provided in this memorandum is for information purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice.The reader should consult with an immigration attorney before acting in reliance on any such information