Difference in meaning

npanila

Registered Users (C)
Guys

what is the difference between position and title. CIS specifically asks for postion, salary and nonimmigrant status on RFE and it also asks for title, postion, job description and salary if i have changed the employer. I have not changed the employer so second part does not apply to me. On answering the first part what is position ? Do I need to give all the title chang also? When it is asking for position. For example If i am hired as a mechanical engineer, and if I got promoted to lab manager but dont you guys think that my position is still mecanical engieer? When it is asking for postion.

Thanks

npanila said:
Guys

what is the difference between position and title. CIS specifically asks for postion, salary and nonimmigrant status on RFE and it also asks for title, postion, job description and salary if i have changed the employer. I have not changed the employer so second part does not apply to me. On answering the first part what is position ? Do I need to give all the title chang also? When it is asking for position. For example If i am hired as a mechanical engineer, and if I got promoted to lab manager but dont you guys think that my position is still mecanical engieer? When it is asking for postion.

Thanks

You can check with one experit, but I would immagine that the Position is the name of your job, such as Mechanical Eng Supervisor, Computer manager, System admnistrator, and so on. Title is your degree name from your University/school. But, the job description title = position! A kind of confuse question for a bunch of disasperated guys waiting for a green card.