Did your Parents or In-laws enter USA on/after April 1st 2002?????????????

another_wish

Registered Users (C)
Please share your experience; did they get 1-month stay or 6-month stay @ POE???
Thanks.

My In-laws are applying for B2 VISA in May at Chennai India US Consulate and plan to travel to US in June. I am concerned that some POE is only allowing 1-month stay (I-94) even though the VISA is for 6 months. Any Newyork/Newark POE exp?

Not true!

This may be thought at INS, but it is either not true or not implemented. My In-laws arrived 5 weeks mack with the usual 6 month date and I know people whoa rrived last week who got 6 months. Don\'t worry.

6 Months

My Mother came here on the 4th of this Month. She got a 6 Month stamp on here I94.
The 30 day Tpoic is still under discussion; Not implemented as yet.
All the Best..

New York- JFK

10 Year Multiple Entry Visa from Chennai.
6 Months on I94 at JFK.
No , this is not her first visit; she had visited 2 /3 three times in the past; but this is the first time in 10 years

did they ask for 1 year ,or just POE officer gave 1 year with out asking for it.

viraus,
did they ask for 1 year ,or just POE officer gave 1 year with out asking for it.

Only 6 Months

Not for a year; only 6 Months. They asked for how long do you plan to stay. since my mother said 6 Months off hand, they stamped the I94 for 6 months.
Where did you get the 1 year figure?????

Notified

INS notified today that it comes into effect after 30 days wait period for objections, if any. Even if you get a visa for 6 months, Immi Off can give you one month limit only at port of entry. Or he may give 6 months as well. But if visa is for one month he can not change it.

Guys - please post your feedback to INS, here is the link.

Guys - by now you would have heard/read the news that INS is cracking on Students and Visitors. They have proposed and will implement soon. Its going to affect us who are expecting Parents here as visitor in near future. We should give feedback. Here is the link:

http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/e...pSysID=10&StartURL=/graphics/feedback.htm

I just gave my feedback and would like to request every one here to come forward and post your feedback.

This is important as INS is going to decide based on the feedback they recieve in next 30 days