Did somebody got the interview letter with the PD in May based on NSC-Chicago Office

Sashko

Registered Users (C)
I would like to know if somebody got interview letter with the priority date on May based on Chicago District Office.

Thanks,

Name check?

Did any of you guys check if you are "queued" for interview? Do you know for sure your name check is cleared, and if so how did you find out?
thanks.

During my infopass appointment the officer told me that my background check is complete and i'm all set to be scheduled for an interview (this was in May). Since i did not get any letter so far i called up INS again and the officer told me that my background check is still pending???. Everytime i get a different story so i dont know who to believe.

N400 NSC/Chicago
PD: April 10th
FP: May 16th
IL:Still waiting

Hi imaan,
You say that 1st time you went for an Infopass appointment where they said that your background check is complete. The next time you are saying that you called (I hope you called the 800 number). In my experience and after reading this forum, calling the 800 number is not useful (probably a 'waste' eventhough I don't want to use this 5 letter word) because they have very less information compared to an Immigration Officer (IO) in Infopass.

I would recommend please take another Infopass to clear your doubt and get the latest information.

Goodluck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't ever waste your time calling the USCIS hotline. They are outsourced call operators who do not have access to all of the information that the USCIS personnel can access at infopass. I would believe the infopass information. Relax now:)

During my infopass appointment the officer told me that my background check is complete and i'm all set to be scheduled for an interview (this was in May). Since i did not get any letter so far i called up INS again and the officer told me that my background check is still pending???. Everytime i get a different story so i dont know who to believe.

N400 NSC/Chicago
PD: April 10th
FP: May 16th
IL:Still waiting

I have my fingers crossed... i guess a little bit more patience and we will get our ILs within the next month hopefully :)

Don't ever waste your time calling the USCIS hotline. They are outsourced call operators who do not have access to all of the information that the USCIS personnel can access at infopass. I would believe the infopass information. Relax now:)

Completely agree with your assessment. I called the Customer Service Center today and she gave me the standard response stating that at Chicago DO they are currently processing N-400 application with receipt notice dated Jan 12, 2007. When asked, she clarified that she does not have any access to information to confirm if the background check has been cleared or not.