Did not send the I-693 with my application. Need advise ASAP

anace

Registered Users (C)
I did not send my medical examination with my I-485. I got my receipts today for the I-130, I-485 and I-765. The RD is Aug 31st and ND is Sept 18. I called a friend and he told me I should have enclosed the medical examination with the I-485 because it is possible that they would be deny. When filling the packages a friend told me to wait until USCIS asked me for it. She works for a lawyer but now I am scared that maybe they are going to denied my application and maybe she gave me bad info. Can someone tell me if this will hurt my application or if I can send the medical examination right away or should I wait? Any help would be very appreciate it!!!

Your friend is right. Wait till USCIS sends you a RFI (request for initial evidence) which is your medical examination....
CIS will not deny your case just for that.... they will ask for it....
Relax... and wait... USC immediate family petition are smooth and easy... UNLESS there is fraud involved....

Thanks. I am just afraid soemthing will go wrong and I will need to do all the application process again. :confused:

according to new rules, USCIS could deny the application due to lack of initial evidence and you would to apply all over again. But most likely they will just send you a letter requesting you to submit the examination, at the most it will just delay your case a few weeks.

I will call on Monday to see if I can send the medical exam before they request it from me. Thanks!

Do not do that. Let things follow its due process and protocol. You need to wait for the RFI because they will assign a bar code to it for proper filing. If you just mail it, they may misplace it and you will have to do it again.

Based on my own experience (we mailed our application in June without my husband's medical), either wait for them to ask for it or they will tell you to bring it to the interview. I was extremely worried that this would delay my husband's case. I called numerous times and they actually sent me a letter stating that the case would not be delayed because of it and that the medical could be turned in at the interview.

The medical CAN NOT be turned it at the Interview. It says so in the Instructions for the I-485/I-693 and on the RFI that they send you :p

The medical CAN NOT be turned it at the Interview. It says so in the Instructions for the I-485/I-693 and on the RFI that they send you :p

Firstly, like I said before , USCIS sent me a letter stating that the medical can be turned in at the interview. They never sent a RFE and when I called, spoke to an Immigration Officer live, I received a LETTER regarding the medical. So this is my experience!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes: I would suggest if you have not had any experience with this particular situation, do not insinuate that what others are saying is incorrect!!!!!!!!!!!!!

USCIS does request the I-693 in writing if it was not submitted at the initial application stage.

Absence of the I-693 alone is not grounds for denial.

USCIS does request the I-693 in writing if it was not submitted at the initial application stage.

Absence of the I-693 alone is not grounds for denial.

Well USCIS must really like my husband and I because they took the time to send out a letter saying not to worry, it could be bought to the interview.

Firstly, like I said before ,USCIS sent me a letter stating that the medical can be turned in at the interview. They never sent a RFE and when I called, spoke to an Immigration Officer live, I received a LETTER regarding the medical. So this is my experience!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes: I would suggest if you have not had any experience with this particular situation, do not insinuate that what others are saying is incorrect!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I DO have experience with this particular situation, because I did not send my I-693 with my AOS application and I received an RFI, asking me for it.

Firstly, like I said before , USCIS sent me a letter stating that the medical can be turned in at the interview. They never sent a RFE and when I called, spoke to an Immigration Officer live, I received a LETTER regarding the medical. So this is my experience!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes: I would suggest if you have not had any experience with this particular situation, do not insinuate that what others are saying is incorrect!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol!!!...It seems like some people on here think that they are Immigration Officers,or better yet their supervisors.I mean come on people.Why would this person lie about a letter or info they have recieved from immigration???Think about it,what does she have to gain by lying!...And oh by the way,on MY interview letter,it also says to bring the I-693,IF NOT ALREADY SUBMITTED.:)