Did my interview in Miami, went fine, what to expect ?

luizpaulo

Registered Users (C)
Did my interview last Friday and everything went fine. The staff was great, very friendly and we were almost on time (10 minutes difference). Very easy and nice agent, went through my application asking questions - normal and easy ones - asked me to fill one trip I made after requesting the citizenship, asked me to write a sentence and to answer 10 questions.

At the end she gave me a receipt congratulating and stating that I was recommended for approval but also says that "looks like you completed all the steps"...if granted... What should I expect? When you got that is all the checks done and you just have to wait for the oath date? Is there any other check to be made? I don't have anything to fear but delays if something has still to be done but I think all checks went through otherwise I would have received an "imcomplete" aplication receipt, no?

Can someone tell me if I can just rest easy and wait to receive the oath date? :D

If you're bound for an interview in Miami, relax, the environment is great and the agents even try to make it easier for you. Kudos for the Miami district for this friendly environment...

Forgot to say that the agent stamped "Approved" in the application... this means that all checks were conducted already? :confused:

Rest easy and wait for the oath letter. In Miami, it can take a while because they generally have big oath ceremonies every couple of months. Good luck!

sg_orl said:
Rest easy and wait for the oath letter. In Miami, it can take a while because they generally have big oath ceremonies every couple of months. Good luck!

So many stories of applications on hold after the interview that I'm dying to know if once it is stamped as approved if all the name checks were conducted already.

Thanks for the reply and good luck :)

rudinator1 said:
luizpaulo said:
bump !!!

No one knows the answer?

tks

If the name check is pending, the agent should of told you at the time of interview.

Thanks for the reply. That is what I hope for but so far I'm not sure... the receipt says "" congratulations, apparently you conclude all the steps to your naturalization" so I keep wondering what more can be there? My only concern is the delays as there are many issues regarding a promotion in my present job pending this....

you're fine ..relax!!! I know a lady in Miami who was in the same situation as yourself.....she was sworn in as a citizen a month or so later so everything's fine. You'll get your notification within three weeks.

gatorcountry said:
you're fine ..relax!!! I know a lady in Miami who was in the same situation as yourself.....she was sworn in as a citizen a month or so later so everything's fine. You'll get your notification within three weeks.

Thanks.... hope you're right as time is running for the offer I had...

Cheers

yas804 said:
Can you post your dates in Miami please?

Sure, don't have the papers with me now but they are pretty close:

N400 received - 26 feb 2005
Fingerprinting - 10 Apr 2005
Interview - 26 Sep 2005
Oath - ???? not received yet

Hope it helps

;)