Did INS stop 485 processing?

485ND0921, U R right about the postal delay - there is no delay, I guess.

My friend heard approval 04/12 and got teh approcal letter on 04/19.

No Title

We just don\'t want to admit it, do we? The processing HAS stopped. There hasn\'t been no approvals for last 10 days. How can it be that the processing didn\'t stop and there is no approvals? Explain please..

Mail backlog? How could it affect anything but mail transactions? How would it affect AVM updates?

Whatever factor it is, security check, or restructuring, or anything else, it has stopped. And it doesn\'t have to be a panic. It\'s just that now there is a distinct possibility of significant delay, and that instead of just waiting and praying and cursing at INS, I\'d prefer to be thinking about possible damage control, about what I am going to do if delay is monthes. Of course I hope to be wrong.. But it\'s better to be wrong than to be sorry.

what do you guys mean by "suspend processing"?

I got my I-485 reciept notice on 4/19 with ND of 4/16, so INS must be "processing".

Or you guys just mean INS DELAY your approvals. How long have your cases been pending in INS? INS always said it takes between 365-540 day for I-485 cases. Has your case been pending that long yet?

RFE on April 18

I was told on April 8 that a RFE will be sent on my case(medicals).
On April 16 the AVM message was unchanged. Nothing about my RFE. Therefore I called VSC and an IIO told me that they have backlog problems in the mail room and it will take 30 days to send out the RFE. Some people say that the IIO told me so because I called 2 times in 10 days and they want me "to get off their back".
Anyway I called on April 19 and the AVM changed to a RFE was sent to you on April 18.

In this moment I am waiting for the RFE notice to arrive. Hopefully I will receive it soon!

Don¡¯t worry too much

I have noticed that INS will do extra security checks for all petitions except Naturalization applications. The security check for Naturalization application is the same as I 485¡¯s.