Did FP today, had a few ridge breaks!

Pump

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I finally completed my FP today. I went to INS Fairfax Application Center in Los Angeles this morning at 9 AM. There were just a few (2 or 3) applicants before me. It took 5 minutes to fill out the Finger Printing application form that had only very basic personal info (including A#, SSN, Date & Place of birth and the residential address). They issue tokens after you fill out the application and submit it to them. All you need to show them is the Finger Printing appointment notice and your id (driver license will do. If not, the passport will work too).

There were 4 machines inside the ASC. The operator asked me to apply a liquid lotion on palms of both hands and rub it thoroughly. Then she took the impressions of both hands (4 fingers, excluding thumb) followed by impressions of all 10 fingers. I asked her if the quality was good. She said, "yeah.. its fine..". I further asked her about ridge breaks. She said it is very common to have ridge breaks, but it is okay if the ridge breaks are at the top (on perimeter) of the finger image. I got a few ridge breaks at the top too. They showed up upon the image on the monitor. She said not to worry anything about it and said the technician will do a final inspection. The technician came over and concluded that the prints were fine and were of "good quality". I was out of the building in less than 1/2 hour.

Now begins the wait...and hope that no RFEs pile up on my case.

EB2(RIR)
WAC # : WAC-01-218-XXXXX
PD : 01/19/2000
RD : 04/26/2001
ND : 06/22/2001
AP : 07/07/2001
EAD: Approved on 10/30/2001 per AVM, waiting for card
FP : Notice on 10/01/2001, scheduled and done on 11/02/2001

Good luck to all

Pump
________
new developments in Jomtien

Last edited by a moderator:
I also had 4 ridge breaks

The technician said that that was okay as long as they are not in the center. I hope that is okay. I haven\'t got my approval yet, however.

I and my wife did finger Printing!

I and my wife did our FP today at SF center and I was given an appt on NOV 30th and did it ahead and no body asked any questions and there were hardly 2 or 3 people to do FP. I went in there and it was smmoth and as the officer was doing the same she said to em that the left hand was slightly light and got the same once agina and it is really sophisiticated and it says it is ok or not!!!
My wife had a couple of ridges and they redid the saem for her and the software itself says ok. once we give our notice there is a bar code in the notice and once they scan it automatically gives all the info about me, my addresss and so forth. It is pretty straight forward.

Thanks guys!

Hope everything turns out okay. I do remember the operator telling me that the FBI looks at the 2 diagonal sections within the center of the finger prints. As long as the ridge breaks are not in the center, the finger prints should be okay. The technicial confirmed the quality of the prints too.

Thank you for your comments.

Good luck with your cases.
________
Easy vape

Last edited by a moderator:
What exactly is a Ridge Break?

Does anybody know what exactly Ridge Break means. Has anybody asked that question at finger printing time? If so, can you please describe what it means. Has anybody been told they had more than an acceptable number of Ridge Breaks?

ridge breaks

I also got some ridge breaks, too dark or too small response. The lady told me it was ok after redid it several times. The an technician came to confirm and said that the last small finger needed to be done again.
After we finished everything, I tried to confirm with the lady that fbi will be happy about my finger print quality, she says still not 100% certain. She suggested to put on gloves for a couple of days before the fp. Somehow, she made me put some doubt about my fp quality.........

What is the number to call FBI and enquire about FP?

We did the Finger Prints 3 days ago.. Can any one tell me which number should I call FBI to enquire if the FP is cleared?

FBI number 1-304-625-5590 ext 4

I called them up today. A lady came on and confirmed that mine had
been sent back to INS. She wouldn\'t give any more details, but was
very courteous.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, csc_485.. Is this a common number for all ASCs?

I did my FP at San Jose ASC.. Do I have to call the same number?

Both my wife and I had ridge breaks wh en doing FP

Just called IIO he said both our FP are ok.

So as long as the technican keeps on trying
until you don\'t get ridge breaks, you should
be fine.

Bongo, I guess you did your FP at San Jose ASC

I did mine at SJ too.. I got the FBI number 1-304-625-5590 ext 4 from I S. I am wondering if it is the same number I should call to check the FP clearance? Which number did you call?

No Title

Guys,

There is only one number for FBI for the entire country. They
don\'t have seperate service centers like INS.

The number you have mentioned is correct and would work for anyone
in the United States.

Hope this helps.

-Mitr

No Title

FBI will only tell you if they sent the FP to the INS.

You need to call the INS 949 831 8427 (good luck)
and ask them if the quality is good.