• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DID AOS for DV 2006

vliething

Did AOS for 2006 in Milwaukee.... succesfully without lawyer..... originally from Latvia..... this forum helped me the most...... saved me a lot of money and provided lots of advises.....so anyone who is doing AOS and need some kind of advise please free to contact me via email: dccat2006@yahoo.com
i ll be glad to give advice.

D

Congratulations!

I too did my AOS 2006 in Milwaukee with a hell of a lot of hassle. I'm glad that for you it was easy.

Barbara

Hi Guys,

It has been 7 days since I mailed my AOS Pkg to Chicago via USPS Priority Signature confirmation.There is still no update abt.signature or delivery as yet.I should not have sent via USPS it seems a mistake....I know!!!I am in contact with them apparently there is no way to find if it was delivered and on-one is taking responsibility at USPS either.I'm told to wait 14 days before they can initiate an inquiry........14 days wait for loosing my papers medicals etc....un-imaginable!!!

Plz.suggest me what to do?Can I call lock Box office in Chicago and try to confirm?

Thank you

Jugnu786 said:
Hi Guys,

It has been 7 days since I mailed my AOS Pkg to Chicago via USPS Priority Signature confirmation.There is still no update abt.signature or delivery as yet.I should not have sent via USPS it seems a mistake....I know!!!I am in contact with them apparently there is no way to find if it was delivered and on-one is taking responsibility at USPS either.I'm told to wait 14 days before they can initiate an inquiry........14 days wait for loosing my papers medicals etc....un-imaginable!!!

Plz.suggest me what to do?Can I call lock Box office in Chicago and try to confirm?

Thank you

Calm down. Did you use certified mail? I've never had any problmes with USPS.

I don't think you can do a signature confirmation for P.O.BOX address. Or it was delivery confirmation?

Thanks hmz,

It was a priority mail with signature confirmation added online.I have an online account with USPS and never had any delay/problem before either.

Hi vinipux,

I opted to mail at 427 S La Salle Street address due to Signature Confirmation.

Hopefully pkg is not lost...but delay is driving me crazy!!!!

Thank you all!!!

I think it takes three days until you see changes in USPS website. Seven days are too long. You might try to call them.

Hi hmz,

Online status shows it arrived September 30th,2006 at 60604 Post Office and no further updates after then.I have called customer service USPS but they dont offer much than what it shows online.I have also emailed couple of times but they can't initiate an inquiry unless 14 days are passed,meanwhile I spoke directly at Post Office number too they dont know much either...one guy told me they have some new guys on the routs etc....but there is nothing much they can do except wait and see......He also told me to Call USCIS and find out....I told him you are USPS if you dont know how would they know,anyway I know USCIS can't help without the case number....I just wish had used it UPS/Fedex.....

Thank you for your input!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Are there several addresses where we can send our AOS packages? I would like to know all of them and why would you choose one instead of another.

So why would you choose USPS when 427 S. LaSalle... address is given "for non-United States Postal Service (USPS) deliveries (e.g. private couriers)"?

Hi,I think that should not matter as you know Fedex/UPS/DHL they dont deliver at P.O.Box except USPS.However,USPS also has express services that cant deliver on P.O. Box addresses like signature confirmations....someone has to be there to sign.That was my logic to send my Package at USCIS office Physical address.

Hi Barbara and hmz,

Please suggest me how long should I wait to file my Pkg again.In my Pkg. I had one personal and one company check and that is one way for me to hang on and see if those will clear in few days.In case, if there is no such activity then plz suggest!!!I am kind of hopeless with USPS and their tracking down time is very long once initiated.

Please advise...run into problem before USCIS...that is painful enough for me.

Thank you all.

You've gotta wait. They received the package and will send you NOA shortly. Why do you think that you need to file again?

Thank you hmz,

yes, I guess I will wait not much options though....you know I was trying to stay on the top of it without loosing precious time that might become very crucial in some cases.

I thank you again for your input!!!

I Know, it's really hard to wait and see. the USPS tracking system is not reliable as other. Also there is a way to track weather USCIS accept and issue the NOA letter or not if we send personal check and checking the bank account weather it's clear yet or not. I suspect the USCIS had indicated that, as of October 1, 2006, Forms G-325, G-325A, G-325B, and G-325C would have to be submitted using the July 14, 2006 versions of these forms; otherwise it may return or delayed to issuce NOA, so it may be that's the reasion USCIS still not deposit the check and we still need to wait and see what they gonna do if we submited the old version of G-325.

Would you please confirm which version of G-325A did you submit?

I don't think there should be any problems because of the old G325A. I filled the form that was on their website in the beginning of September (which now is considered "old"). AND when I went to INFOPASS late September they gave me a package with the G325A that expires on 02/28/06!

I just got the information form Immigration Attorney; Yes, it should not be the problem till end of october as the AILA (American Immigraiton Lawer Associaiton) and USCIS made the deal and USCIS accept the old version only till end of october, after that it should be the New version otherwise they gonna return the application to correct the form and resubmit. Also the attorney suggest that if possible use the new version even in october so it doesn't make confusion to the USCIS officer.

Hi guys,

No my G325A was not the most latest version available online today.I filled them up sometime in middle of September online.Yes,npaudel is correct USCIS have told AILA they will accept older versions until end of October.Plz read murthy.com for info abt G325A.

Today,I talked to USPS supervisor at 60604 Post Office.She said their can't be any reason for my pkg to be lost.She added immigration mail is picked up by a private courier assigned by immigration office and they just sign one sheet for all they pick up but not individually.She advised us monitor online status until coming tuesday if not updated call me again.After this explanation I'm satisfied and hoping all will be alright at the end.

Last edited by a moderator: