Did anyone receive such a message ???

litmu

Registered Users (C)
My transfer message does not state, that i'll be called for an interview, nor does it state that its transferred to speed up processing, it says that the local office will notify me in writing when decision is made. Did anyone else besides me got such thing ?

On August 20, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in ST PAUL IAP, MN for processing. Our office in ST PAUL IAP, MN will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office

(between my RD: May 12, 2002, NSC)

Last edited by a moderator:
Most get the message you got via e-mail from the USCIS website:

On "whatever date" we transferred your I485 Application to Register to Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in "wherever" for processing. Our office in "wherever office" will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office

Once you receive the notice in the mail, this will probably state one of the two: You were transferred to speed processing or you were transferred for an interview. However, according to those who I've asked, all messages are generic and pretty much all transfers end up with an interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't matter what message

when your file has transfer to local office and you receieved a letter then doesn't matter what kind a message you have you will be ending with interview.Worst part is nobody know in this world how long will it take to interview.once you transfered from service center you have no date or proceessing time to follow.just pray GOD!! Up to two years i been followed with NSC now i am out of track :mad: :mad:

RD-03/12/02
ND-04/01/02
fp1-05/30/02
fp2-12/19/03
rfe-06/10/04
transfered-07/10/04
after transfer FP for my daughter-07/14/04

thanks cemol/taruwish.

taruwish, your transfer dates are close to mine. did you get an interview call as yet ? and also if there is anyone on this forum whose case got transferred to St Paul, please advice how long stepwise its taking in St Paul.

Regards.

Taruwish - any updates to ur case ???

Did you try contacting the State Senator/Congressman ? Do you plan to ??

Thanks,

they are pretty useless, good for nothin, just a burden on the exchequer. is your case in st paul ?

Transfer case

undefinedundefined My case was transferred from the NY office to chicago, but was not notified until it was returned to me stating that case was denied bcause m.o. date was incorrect, they said correct with date and send back to Chicago address....I send a personal check 4/04 and still waiting for reply......

:confused:

litmu said:
My transfer message does not state, that i'll be called for an interview, nor does it state that its transferred to speed up processing, it says that the local office will notify me in writing when decision is made. Did anyone else besides me got such thing ?

On August 20, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in ST PAUL IAP, MN for processing. Our office in ST PAUL IAP, MN will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office

(between my RD: May 12, 2002, NSC)

I too received the same email...I went into I-485 on Oct. 2002

On August 31, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in CHICAGO, IL for processing. Our office in CHICAGO, IL will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 to receive information about local office processing times.

Still waiting...
- VKQ

My case also got transferred to St.Paul, MN on sep2, 2004. My I485 receipt date is Jul 18, 03. I have the same message as litmu at online now. But couple of days before it was saying "speed up processing, we transferred to local office". Does it mean anything and shall I receive an interview letter? The processing date for I-485 as per online status for St. Paul is oct'03. Does it mean that I will be receiving interview anytime soon?

- Ceejay

What kind of Questions the INS office asked at St. Paul IAP

Hi
I have a scheduled interview on Dec 29 2004 at St. Paul office. Could you please guide me what kind of questions , Documents and Environment at St. Paul office.

I would appreciate your help.

Thanks

Update on Chicago Processing Times

The most recent update for I-485 processing times came out yesterday and the date for Chicago moved forward 1 year (I'm assuming this is not a typo) to October 2003 - since my RD is Dec 26 2002 I guess this entitles me to inquire about my case, which was transferred to Chicago on Oct 5 2004 and which I've had no update on ever since.
Do any of you where and how I should direct my inquiry? Is there a phone number or procedure for district office queries.
Any response would be appreciated - Boxerbhai I presume you've been in this position before.

I believe the only way to check on your case is to show up at the local office and ask. You have to though schedule appointment with InfoPass, and I haven't been able to do this myself - the system keeps telling me "There are no information appointments available at this time..."

Please respond

ceejay said:
My case also got transferred to St.Paul, MN on sep2, 2004. My I485 receipt date is Jul 18, 03. I have the same message as litmu at online now. But couple of days before it was saying "speed up processing, we transferred to local office". Does it mean anything and shall I receive an interview letter? The processing date for I-485 as per online status for St. Paul is oct'03. Does it mean that I will be receiving interview anytime soon?

- Ceejay
Hi Ceejay,
I also received the similar notice, Can you please help me to know if you received any further update on this. That would really help to know as I found few cases which say it has been forwarded for speed processing but no further updates on same. No one responded further.
Thanks

I haven't heard of anyone in the same situation, not having an interview. I've asked around and no one has responded. My attorney says that I will get called for an interview regardless what the notice said. I personally believe that this "speed processing" text in out of date for most cases. If you think it makes sense, since the local processing date is a year+ ahead.

Hi,
once ur case transfered has to have interview hence they transfer cases from main center.All transfer notices are same format paper.There is no such thing that speed procees reason.I hope npnjan02 get apporval soon

Thanks taruwish, I hope I get approved, and I hope it is soon. But I am concern about the interview, since I just changed employers and will be using AC-21.

I just receieved welome notice for me & my wife.I181.I am little worried how come i didn't receieve for my kids? well who cares?passport stamped for all.
npnjan02,
Don't worry about ur job as long as they can afford to pay u will be fine. I never worked,not even payroll from day 1st who sponsered me.
Company A sponsered me and apply L.C. same time owner bought Company B
and he hired me there i am still working for Company B Yes with same Owner
but i am still AC-21.
Ac-21 is not big issue believe me as long as u r working with same post and sinilar salary stated in L.C.hope this may help and relax u.
For My Data See My signature.

taruwish, I would appeciate if you provide more details on your interview and specifically on the AC-21 situation. You know, like what they asked you, what the attorney said etc. Thanks!