Did anyone filed I824 while I485 pending ever got their I485 canceled after I824 is approved?

stonez

Registered Users (C)
Those of you already got I824 approve and had a pending I485 when filing I824,
Did anyone ever get any kind of notification from INS saying they have to cancel the I485 b/c of the I824 approval?
Or The I824 approval saying INS has to cancel I485 b/c they approved I824?

Any information is appreciated. My lawyer file I824 for us to go to Mexico before 9-11.
Canceled it early Oct. b/c Mexico no longer accept cases.
Now I824 is approved despite the fact that we have sent the request twice to cancel I824.
I really would like to find out whether my I485 will be affected b/c of this.

Thanks in advance!

Same boat..

I am also in the same boat and I am thinking that INS will send a letter. How much time is there between I-824 cancellation request and I-824 approval. Please let me know because I am also planning to cancel my I-824

Thanks

Post your details...

Stonez, Your situation is entirely different and hence it is better contact your attorney as one of my friend was saying it is possible to pursue I485.
In the meantime could you please post your I824 receipt date and approval date so that is will be helpful for many others who are interested in knowing processing times at VSC!

Hi Stonez, Did you find out anything about the I-485 processing while 824 got approved..

Hi Stonez, Did you find out anything about the I-485 processing while 824 got approved. I am planning to talk to my attorney about this and just wondering whether you get any information about it or finished Ur consular processing.

Thx,