Did anyone call IIO at CSC in the last two weeks???

Ram Mummidi

Registered Users (C)
Would be nice to hear what they have to say, why there are no approvals in the last three weeks and when we can start seeing the approvals coming.

-Ram.

I called a week back

No new information provided. She wouldn\'t commnent on whether CSC has stopped processing I485. She said everything is normal(???).
And said my case is sitting on the shelf (from 01.10.02) waiting to be assigned.

soi

Thanks soi

for sharing the info. Obviously it\'s not the case... If she was right, we would have seen atleast one approval... How Bizzare... I saw Tanja2 in the July list got an RFE last week... Don\'t know how to take this news... but shows some hope that they are atleast working on some of the cases...

No Title

I am not sure if this is an indication that they are working on cases. I got an RFE. It was issued on 29 March. It\'s been more than 2 weeks since the RFE response was received by INS. They still have not updated the AVM. I am not really sure what is happening.

mlmg

RFE ON AP

My Spouse got an RFE on April 10th. My attroney replied and recieved by CSC on 04/19 a/c AVM.
I spoke to IIO he said it is assigned on 04/25/02.
I asked him about 485 he said after post Sep 11 they are doing more security checks it may take 6 months to 1 year

que,

do you mean there will be an additional delay of 6 months to 1 year? in that case it means that CSC will start approving I-485 in October or November 2002. be clear pls

I called yesterday...and

specifically asked about process being stopped..He said they are still working. I also posted a question to Murthy (murhty.com)yesterday and she replies saying they recd approvals last week too and continues to say that AILA also discussed about this matter and INS has said they have not stopped.I recall My attorney saying that in AILA meeting(24th April) CSC hinted of processing to be delayed.Now I do not know whom to beleive and whom not to.
Let\'s hope for the best
Good Luck to All!

CSC was approving many applications within 3-6 months

I think that time frame will now change to 6-12 months.
This is my interpretation of que\'s post

following is message posted on Murthy forum

Attorney was asked if approvals have stopped at CSC for I-485 employment based cases

This is the answer
------------------

approvals stopped?

We have not seen any stoppages. We continue to get approvals. However, in re. CSC please note that that is the Center where we happen to have the fewest cases. Last approval we got from CSC was back in December 2001, simply because we have fewer cases there than in the other Centers. We have gotten approvals from the other 3 Centers in the past 10 days.

----------------------------------

Conclusion - Murthy law firm does not have sufficient cases at CSC to
know one way or the other if CSC has stopped approval of I-485 EB based cases.

slowdown at CSC

I talked to my attroney. He has good contacts in CSC and told me that he is not aware of any slow down.

I called 1-800-375-5283 ( INS customer service call center )

According to them it is business as usual , which means they will continue to approve cases .

I asked them specifically about CSC and the slow down , they were of the opinion that CSC is moving at the normal pace .

I asked them about the new security checks , according to them those checks are going to be in place for all the categories and I485 will NOT get affected as substantial checks would already been done ( FBI ) during process .

I called my attorney and asked them specifically if they had received any approvals after april 10 ...their answer was ....NO

It is so damn frustrating ......

Regards
azcowboy007

He did not elaborate on this

He did not elaborate on this. You know they are good at giving vague answers.

It\'s so frustrating to see no approvals since April 12th

and adding to the wound is not knowing the reason.........I hear lotsa sources saying everything is normal with CSC.....If that\'s true, why there are no approvals(a million dollar question??)....I remember CSC used to shuffle reallocating resouces to clear out long pending cases which brings other type of cases to halt.......for ex. reallocate resources woking on I140 to clear out backlogs of H1B\'s which suspends I140 processing temporarily.....It happened a couple of times when I was getting my i140 processed....when that happens usually they(IIO\'s and others) say everything is going normal and it will just take more time.....
I dunno if they can do it with 485 cases.........Is that possible???....another speculation though!!!!..but what else can we do other than speculating mysteries of INS;-))))...

My guess is they are going thru all apps to

check something related to student status...and since that is also part of the process they would not say that they have stopped processing and for them it is normal.
I hope this is true and would not take much time
Good Luck to All!

kotag kris\'s got a point

as we\'ve seen a couple of RFE cases recently in which INS\'d asked about their F1 status........keep happy speculating;-)))))))

What about the F1 Status

Hi Milli,
What kind of questions were asked about F1 status? Can you please elaborate? I was a student at one point in time. That is the reason why I ask.
Thanks

called IIO today

according to her, they are processing april cases and I will have to wait for a while (my RD is Sept)